3M and Meguiar Product Detail Complete on the DSG Terminator

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Mar 3, 2004
So I finished the detail today and wow... the metallic paint looked like it was in 3D.

I posted the pics on my site, hope you like. They are thumbnails, so if you want to see bigger and better quality click on a pic.

Ingredients Used:
3M Finesse It II- for the minor blemishes (Used with my buffer...)
3M Imperial Hand Glaze
Meguiars Carnuba Paste Wax

Terry Towels and baby diaper cloths, kid not included... and clean too:clap:

Number of times I killed the car moving from one garage to the other...
2:dunno:

Those of you will get to see her next Sat. at the dyno day if you come.

DSC00854.JPG

DSC00853.JPG

I also posted pics of the NOAH Car Cover<--------Click here for picture

Click here for all pictures<--------Click here for all pictures

Painter

TCG Elite Member
Mar 2, 2004
Where do I get those towels, I went to bed bath and beyond and they had these 100% cotton towels real soft but seem to scratch clearcoat. I cant seem to remove those real fine scratches in the clear coat. Its sonic blue so they stand out. Any Ideas? I have tried polishes and meguires stuff but dont seem to work to well.

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Mar 3, 2004
Painter said:
Where do I get those towels, I went to bed bath and beyond and they had these 100% cotton towels real soft but seem to scratch clearcoat. I cant seem to remove those real fine scratches in the clear coat. Its sonic blue so they stand out. Any Ideas? I have tried polishes and meguires stuff but dont seem to work to well.

Have you tried the 3M Imperial Handglaze? Works wonders on black so you can imagine any other color. This usually brings out the shine and 'hides' the swirls by filling them.

As for the towels, I do use the terry cloth but usually to remove the bulk of polishes/ waxes, but the diaper rags are softer and better for the shine as I am finishing removing all the material. You can buys these now a days at an autozone or murrays, etc.

Key to staying away from swirls:
- Stay out of car washes unless you use a touchless wash.
- Use a soft wash mitt and replace once a month
- When washing start at top of car and work your way down to avoid picking up road debris on the mitt that can scratch paint.
- Use a water blade/ squeege to get water off (should be non-metal)
- Use a chamois not towles to dry car.

If you come to dyno day some of us can take a look at the car and give you a better idea for help.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Flatliner said:
I'll havo tye the P21s next time... that might be this Fri night if I can find it by then... I must be bored!

Victor, if you want to try the P21S I'll bring some to the dyno. The jar I'm currently using has a little left in it. It should be more than enough to do your car. You can have it if you want to try the stuff out before buying.

Cliff

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info