Court Fees

ktraver97ss

I say what everyone thinks
Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
WTF! Its been about 2 years since I have had a ticket, but before that I have had many. My drivers license expired in April without my knowledge and I did not recieve any notice in the mail. I was pulled over for accelerating in the SS as I went under a bridge (to hear the echo LOL). Cop gave me warning for that, but gave me a ticket for driving on a expired license. He was cool, and didnt tow my car cause legally I should not have been driving at all. Anyway, I go to court yesterday thinking I just have to bring my renewed license and thats it. There was no fine or anything, but I was charged $235 in court fees!!!!!!! I think that is completely rediculous! I plan on writing a senator or somebody to complain about this. I know the state is short on money, but this is outa control.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
I'm confused... do they send you notices in the mail for expiring driver's licenses? I know they do for vehicle registration, but I don't recall getting anything when mine expired the last time.

yes, you do get a notification. My dad actually just got one the other day. However, just because you don't get one in the mail doesn't exclude you nor makes it viable to be unaware of your license expiring. Should have known when the expiration date is on your license.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Yep, sucks. McHenry I think charges $168 in "court fees" on top of your actual ticket cost. Pretty insane if you ask me.

The judge even said, "I'm not in control of the additional court fees you all will be paying for today, so if you're not happy about it write your congress man or woman." I was all like WTF was all that about? when he said it, then I started feeling it a bit more when I got to the window to pay my ticket. :(

Just another way for good ol uncle sam to DRAIN YOUR ASS DRY!

POS Neon

Wang So Hard You Get Heart Mumer
May 10, 2009
NorthLake
i went to georgia with Darkshadows to pick up his jeep. I got pulled over for passing a semi doing 80 in a 70. the cop gave me a ticket for speeding and no seat belt (Darkshadow was laying down asleep).

Speeding ticket-$20
Seat belt ticket- $25
Court fees- $140
Total- $185
Cops Accent- Priceless

And i dont have the option to show up for court, i have to just "pay the ticket"

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info