Trying to beat a yellow light, youre gonna have a bad time

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Arrow went green just after the crash. Biker was way pushing the yellow. Was probably red when he went through.

If you're going to blow through a yellow, you gotta look at the left turners.

As a left turner in the intersection, I have had to wait well into the red to turn after people blow through too late.

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
The older I get. I stop more at yellow lights. Instead of accelerating through them.

Same here. My wife and I witnessed a car smash into another car THE SAME way as the video. We were in the “camera spot”. We almost went through the yellow too. Fuckit. Not worth it. I stop now.. unless there is clearly no one around

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
As a left turner in the intersection, I have had to wait well into the red to turn after people blow through too late.

I was just thinking this too. It's especially bad in Chicago and pretty much always goes like this:

- At a red light waiting
- Oncoming left turn lane has the green arrow
- Arrow changes to yellow, cars keep turning anyway to try and "make" the light
- Oncoming light turns RED
- Wait for the three or four red light runners to blow through
- NOW finally you can go

The only thing worse that I've seen is if you're a pedestrian in the suburbs trying to cross the street on a walk signal. Most suburban drivers don't know what a pedestrian is and will run you right the fuck over. I've been in the crosswalk while having the walk signal and the right of way and had drivers nearly hit me as they make a left turn. Then they have the nerve to yell profanities. I had one bitch in an SUV honk profusely at me and then drive up over the curb to get around me.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info