Cook County facing $82 million shortfall

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
Perhaps if Madigan's company didn't relieve all those businesses of their fair share of the tax burden it would be a balanced budget.

Lawsuit targets Berrios over biased residential assessments in Cook County - Chicago Tribune

As much as I think the Trib has hack journalism on certain subjects, there's a series mentioned in this article that's a great read and presents a lot of evidence around letting people with more expensive housing off the hook. It's also noteworthy that part of Madigan's income is by fighting assessments at his law firm.

https://www.illinoispolicy.org/investigation-madigan-firm-the-biggest-player-in-commercial-property-tax-appeals/

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
I think it's part of the political machine at large, not to say Chicago Unions aren't exactly in a close relationship with.

Absolutely. I don't think the corrupt political machine would operate without the unions financially supporting it and voting for them.

Below are Preckwinkle's top donors:
-I.U.O.E. Local 399
-SEIU Local 73 B-PAC
-Teamsters Volunteers in Politics
-Illinois Pipe Trades
-SEIU Local 1
-IBEW Local 134
-Teamsters Joint Council
-Chicagoland Operators Joint Labor Management PAC
-Teamsters Local Union No. 700 PAC

Madigan's top donors:
-Illinois Pipe Trades PAC
-Illinois Laborers' Legislative Committee
-Construction & General Laborers District Council of Chicago
-Chicago Land Operators Joint Labor-Management PAC
-Illinois Federation of Teachers COPE
-Teamsters Drive Committee
-Associated Fire Fighters of IL PAC
-Chicago Teachers Union PAC

• Wow
Reactions: Lord Tin Foilhat

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004

107a97ca5bd4a571edcebec54a66fc32.jpg

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
:rofl:

Maybe they shouldn't have spent how many millions on outfitting McCormick place as a bajillion bed hospital before we knew the extent of the impact of the disease....made our company a pretty penny though :hsughlol:
And don't forget all the iPhones they had to get as well.

Records reveal the state also bought 800 iPhones for use at McCormick Place at a cost of more than $460,000.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info