Window Repair Company - No sissies preferred

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
I've called at least four different glass repair places and none will fix a window in my house. These candy asses are all too afraid to get on a 20ft ladder to repair a window. I have a thermal pane window that needs to be replaced. It is more than three feet off the ground, so these guys are terrified to get on a ladder.

Does anyone have any recommendations of a glass place that isn't full of scared little girls?

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2010
North Aurora
I simply replaced all my windows myself. That way I know the job is done right. And it’s pretty easy to do. I have a walkout basement. So the rear of my house is over 30’ high. I replaced all my windows up there from the inside. Fuck messing with my 32’ ladder. No need. Easy peasy.

Perhaps ask if you can take the window to them to have new glass installed. Cover up the opening with plastic and tape.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
I already filed a $24k claim with homeowners insurance this year. I think that door is closed.

I watched a couple of videos, and it doesn't look impossible. But I'd prefer to let a professional handle it. I'm sure I'd just do a half ass job like almost all my other attempts at home repair.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info