9 y.o. Saves Man's Life After Jack Slips

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Kudos to Malachi Coffey for keeping a level head and doing what was necessary to save Allen Clemmons' life.

A South Carolina boy was hailed as a hero after he used a car jack to save a man from being completely crushed by his Mustang convertible.

On March 10, Malachi Coffey, 9, of Sumter, was playing in his aunt’s yard when he heard a cry for help. Running toward the screams, Malachi found 65-year-old Allen Clemmons pinned underneath his car.

Clemmons was underneath his car for over an hour after the vehicle slipped off the jack that was holding it up while he was attempting to remove the transmission, Sumter County Sheriff’s Office Ken Bell told Fox News. Bell said Clemmons was “close to giving up” because his cries for help went unanswered – until Malachi showed up.

Malachi used a car jack to crank the vehicle off of Clemmons before running to get help.

“He [Clemmons] was able to get one arm out to help Malachi position the jack just right,” Bell said.

Shortly after, Malachi's aunt called 911. Bell said Clemmons was airlifted from the scene to a nearby hospital. His injuries including a fractured pelvis and a few broken ribs. Some of his internal organs were also bruised.

“He was in pretty bad shape,” Bell said.

Recalling the experience, Malachi told Fox News on Wednesday that he was “really scared” but knowing that he helped Clemmons “makes him feel good.” He added that he knew how to use a car jack because his great-uncle had shown him how.

1522334933434.jpg

South Carolina boy, 9, saves man from being crushed by car: 'He's my guardian angel' | Fox News

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
A dude that worked at the bar I regular in Wisconsin had a car on cinder blocks and it fell and killed him. I remember being in college and I'd install exhaust using the shitty jack that came with the car to change a tire.

Now I'm overly cautious with jack stands, wheel chocks, etc.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Anytime I have pulled a trans, I have used wheel chocks, a floor jack to get the car up, jack stands to hold it up and another floor jack under the trans to support it and let it down easy. One jack alone is insane.

Ha Ha that Brian caught the fact this is a Mustang guy. Why is it always a Mustang guy?

Malachi ran toward someone calling for help. A lot of adults wouldn't do that. He conquered his fear and jacked up the car. With the victim out of immediate danger of dying, he ran to his aunt's house and had her call 911. That's pretty good for a 9 y.o.

Kid deserves the recognition he is getting. Even better, the article did not once mention race. Kudos all around on this one (even dumbass Mustang guy who stayed conscious and helped guide the jack).

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
There's a joke in here somewhere about the Mustang almost killing a guy...

Nice work kid! Keep that feeling of doing well towards your fellow man fresh in your mind and with you every day, and this world will be a little bit of a better place as a result.

Mustangs dont even need wheels to get people under them now.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info