What is happening at my house....

Blownbyyou

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 27, 2008
Alright so I am going to start of by saying I am in no way shape or form a believer in super natural sh*t. However, something is seriously amiss at my house, specifically in my garage with my electronics.

This all started last night when I got home from the gym, my push button start in my Taurus kept saying "no key found" please insert key even though the key was inside the slot in the glove box already...I noticed the lock/unlock etc weren't working as well so I changed out the battery and it works periodically.. Okay i need to buy a key.. no big deal.

Fast forward to this morning my garage door wouldn't open via the remote in my car (the homelink or the actual sears remote), however i got out of my car and used the manual button for the door and it opened up just fine. I thought to myself maybe the receiver was just bad, no big deal Ill replace it. However coming home to tonight from work my wife and I were both able to use the remote with out issue. Also on the way home tonight my TPMS sensor faulted in one of my tires, thats never happened.. Didn't put any of this as correlation yet..

So then my wife leaves to go to the gym, when she comes back I am working in the garage and she isn't able to use the remote to open the door. However I am able to manual press the button and open it she walks in and on her way in she tries to lock her car, however her fob wouldn't work, i grabbed it hit the lock twice and it worked. After about 20 minutes of working out there I decide to be done and wanted to pull her car in. I go out to her car with both her daily key fob and the extra set and neither fob will work.. Now mind you her car is a 2014 equinox which has never had any issues..

So now I am freaking the shit out because wtf can cause all of this? I mean is this all purely coincidental? Do these all use RF frequencies? I mean seriously wtf is going on...

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Ghostbusters_FOR_BOOK-1486579951-726x388.jpg

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
So now I am freaking the shit out because wtf can cause all of this? I mean is this all purely coincidental? Do these all use RF frequencies? I mean seriously wtf is going on...

Yes, every single device you mentioned is based on RF transceivers.

The fobs, the garage door openers, the TPMS.

Blownbyyou

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 27, 2008
Ill turn off all those hidden cameras i installed.

Please don't , I like to show off while whackin in my tool shed...

agreed, sounds like RF interference. It could be a nearby transmission bleeding onto or stepping on the frequencies those devices rely on. It could be as silly as a neighbor keying up a HAM radio, that's more doubtful but can screw with lots of signals.

What i keep thinking is my someone in my subdivision has a tower thats like 40ft tall for i am guessing ham radio. Thinking maybe he just turned it on lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info