TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Anyone ever deal with Midwest Motors in Lake Zurich?
Reviews are mixed, but more good than bad.
Currently negotiating on this via email, bought my last 2 cars with 90% of negotiating via email/phone Tired of wasting time at dealers negotiating in person.
Offered them $47k, as of now they have come down $1294.00. If I can get them down to $50k, pretty sure I'm going to buy it.

Used 2016 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat for sale in Lake Zurich, IL | 2C3CDXL95GH199464

When I tried negotating on a lightly used Scat Pack like 2 years ago, it came to a quick stand-still.

You may be better off buying new to be honest, they have serious incentives when buying new, that are effectively 'gone' when trying to buy used.

You can get like 7-8k off on one new, which may end you closer to your goal number but with better financing and in a NEW car.

*Edit*

I realize now you are looking at a HELLcat, not a scat pack. You can get into a brand new scat pack car for under 50 pretty easily.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
When I tried negotating on a lightly used Scat Pack like 2 years ago, it came to a quick stand-still.

You may be better off buying new to be honest, they have serious incentives when buying new, that are effectively 'gone' when trying to buy used.

You can get like 7-8k off on one new, which may end you closer to your goal number but with better financing and in a NEW car.

Was this negotiating at Midwest Motors?

I looked around and cant get anywhere near $50k on new. That is my budget and what I can afford. Would love new as I would get the Octane Red color, but just not in the cards.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Was this negotiating at Midwest Motors?

I looked around and cant get anywhere near $50k on new. That is my budget and what I can afford. Would love new as I would get the Octane Red color, but just not in the cards.

Are you paying Cash?

Because if you aren't, you should crunch the numbers on the difference on the cost over the term of the loan.

Used Car loan averages are what, 3.99%? Vs. Chrysler may offer something silly like 0% or 1.9% for 72 months?

*Edit*

I realize now you are looking at a HELLcat, not a scat pack. You can get into a brand new scat pack car for well under 40 pretty easily.

*edit edit*

There is a Red Charger Hellcat at South Oak for $65,000 (6-7,000 off MSRP before even negotiating further with the dealer).

And They are offering 0% for 72 months, but not on SRT cars sadly!

*edit edit edit*

Did you notice the dealer that the blue car has changed hands 3 times with dealers?

Was traded in at Napelton at 8,200 miles on 8/18, then went to Liberty Auto City on 8/28 with 8,785, THEN went to 'Midwest Motors' with 9,973 on it.

That car's had 1500 miles put on it while in the hands of Dealers, I bet they've beaten the sweet hell out of it.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Sadly SRT's very rarely qualify for any of the special financing deals. Will check out the red one at South Oak when I get to the office later this morning. Not worried about the miles between dealers or the fact it was passed around like a $2 whore. It's still under warranty if I have any issues. Also knowing me it will have the Barth Package with in a year.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Update: Almost a done deal and all negotiating still via email. He has told me 3 times he cant go no lower and 3 times he has. So we are at $51.5k right now, I want to be at $50k. Taxes and fees brings it up to $56.8k. My last email was get it to $55k out the door and I will buy the car. He countered at $56k out the door, told him I was going to Kentucky for the weekend would mull it over and get back to him Tuesday. So then I asked him what kind of used car rates is he seeing with people that have credit scores in the low 800's which my wife and I have. He claims below 3%, which I find very hard to believe on a used car. I looked at Penfed and they are like 3.49% on a 60 month. So I'm thinking I'm going to tell him to guarantee me a rate below 3% drop it $500 and I will sign at $55.5k out the door.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
So then I asked him what kind of used car rates is he seeing with people that have credit scores in the low 800's which my wife and I have. He claims below 3%, which I find very hard to believe on a used car. I looked at Penfed and they are like 3.49% on a 60 month. So I'm thinking I'm going to tell him to guarantee me a rate below 3% drop it $500 and I will sign at $55.5k out the door.

I call BS on the sub-3% rates, maybe for a 3-year or so. I have an 800+ credit score and the best I could muster (viewing rates on-line) was 3.7x%. There might be a little more wiggle room, but I don't think anyone is offering a sub-3% on 60 months.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I call BS on the sub-3% rates, maybe for a 3-year or so. I have an 800+ credit score and the best I could muster (viewing rates on-line) was 3.7x%. There might be a little more wiggle room, but I don't think anyone is offering a sub-3% on 60 months.
I'm very skeptical as well, but I do know car dealers do have more wiggle room with finance companies then you or I would.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

www.bcu.org

i can get you guys the guy i use name there, he's super helpful and doesn't fuck around.

Attachments

• truck.png
    truck.png
    31.1 KB · Views: 93
  • crv.png
    crv.png
    20.7 KB · Views: 98

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
BCU membership eligibility* is based on one or more of the following qualifying criteria:

Employment-based eligibility:
You are a permanent, temporary or contract employee of one of the several elite employer groups offering the Credit Union’s services as a valuable employee benefit.

+Partner Companies
Community-based eligibility:
You live or work in one of six local community charter counties: Lake, McHenry, DuPage, Kane or Cook (north of 95th Street on the south side of Chicago) County in Illinois, or Kenosha County in Wisconsin.

Family-based eligibility:
You are the immediate or extended qualifying family of an existing member related by blood, marriage, fostering or adoption. Eligible family members include: spouses, parents, children, siblings, domestic partners, grandchildren, grandparents, aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews, and cousins.

Join Today

*Membership Eligibility Disclosure

eligibility disclosure

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info