Real Name
Mike
FOb8sRA.jpg

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
Don't know why they bothered to begin with... Just let nature take it's course like everything else in the Detroit area and let it implode on it's own.

Last time I went by it was doing just fine falling apart...

I was going to say it looks bombed out now, just like the rest of the area. :rofl:

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
:D

It's down now. I guess they finished it the following day. I then further read, that the Palace of Auburn Hills just up the road (where the Piss-on-Thems) used to play, is also scheduled for demolition and it's still in great shape after just having a renovation. Sad that a perfectly good arena has to be torn down because they can't find use for it.

ragingclue

What's a "Super Bowl"?
TCG Premium
Dec 19, 2013
Well they shouldn't have built that shit in the middle of nowhere. Too bad they couldn't keep the Silverdome, it would have been the perfect place for Trump to host Rehabilitation.

On a serious note though, as much as I hated that place, I'm going to miss it a bit. Saw lots of Lions games there, monster truck rallies and MX, went to Restore the Roar in 1989(?) just after we drafted Barry but Barry didn't show up but I got to run around on the field as a kid, pretending I was a RB dodging the players as they were signing autographs until security put a kabosh on that, even saw a US World Cup game there (remember when we used to be good enough to get into that tournament?).

Glad the Lions are downtown now. A bit OT, but I have yet to visit Pizza Town or whatever they named that neighborhood/complex, but it's real nice having all the sports complexes down in that general area. Parking is a cinch and it's a short walk to my cousin's bar.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Well they shouldn't have built that shit in the middle of nowhere. Too bad they couldn't keep the Silverdome, it would have been the perfect place for Trump to host Rehabilitation.

On a serious note though, as much as I hated that place, I'm going to miss it a bit. Saw lots of Lions games there, monster truck rallies and MX, went to Restore the Roar in 1989(?) just after we drafted Barry but Barry didn't show up but I got to run around on the field as a kid, pretending I was a RB dodging the players as they were signing autographs until security put a kabosh on that, even saw a US World Cup game there (remember when we used to be good enough to get into that tournament?).

Glad the Lions are downtown now. A bit OT, but I have yet to visit Pizza Town or whatever they named that neighborhood/complex, but it's real nice having all the sports complexes down in that general area. Parking is a cinch and it's a short walk to my cousin's bar.

I think at that time though when both were built, that's where they figured the population would be growing along with it also being more "affluent". But yea, it's a ways north... I remember trying to get to one our meets for the Holden group during Woodward a couple years back, flying up 75, thinking, "jeezus, am I near the UP yet..." :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info