Pixs of cracked pipe
1cfd2952f5b4713ff66e57d4314c72eb.jpg
f7b514500bfd122df83e0fdbfb56c12c.jpg

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
They do make a specific plastic formula if I recall, however the regular stuff works on wood, plastic, metal, you name it.

How much tension is put on that tube would be my question?

I better solution is what was posted above about tapping it out and putting in a brass fitting, but if you're just wanting to get it fixed and move on...

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Would you screw into the intake? how would it stay in place? with the pressure of itself and the ripples? should i apply a adheasive?

also, how would I connect it to the plastic pipe line?

Thanks for your input

Screw it into the intake, but use a tap to cut threads.. They’re fiberglass reinforced plastic, VERY strong stuff and will take a fastener or thread no problem. Use a little thread sealant or Teflon tape on the thread. Cut off the fitting on that plastic tube and slide it onto the barbed nipple. I bet it would take 30+ psi to blow it off the barb with no clamps.

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
Cut off fitting and it will. Splice in more line with a double sided barb....

Could do that.

Real problem is the next time to have to remover the intake you wont have a disconnection point. The plastic line has to be heated and melted onto the barbs basically.

What I would do is get a barb on the line, melt it to the barb then go and grab fuel injection line and run a small piece in between that and the barb on the intake and make sure you purchase fuel injection line clamps as well. Regular clamps will chew into the rubber line.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info