Working 3D printed engines

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I just got a m3d printer. so far i love it.
I also am a distributor for them too if you want one

Really? Ive been looking at the monoprice select and the MP select mini. The mini sounds like a good deal, but the small print bed is meh, even though most all the reviews say that its not that big of a deal.

Gamble

TCG Elite Member
May 23, 2015
Really? Ive been looking at the monoprice select and the MP select mini. The mini sounds like a good deal, but the small print bed is meh, even though most all the reviews say that its not that big of a deal.

I had a nice big one from micro center a few years ago. It was ok. Most of my stuff i print is small anyway. Just for small prototyping parts.
you really got to think about what you want to print

BS ISF

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 24, 2012
WEST BURBS
Are those as good as they claim?[/QUOTE

With out question. The new HP (High Production) printers are insanely fast and the new MetalX printers are coming in the fall and print all sorts of metal from SS, aluminum, titanium, inconel and many more. Check out their website it's crazy.

https://markforged.com/products/

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
We have a couple 3D printers at school/work. I started to make a scaled down version of an LS3, but the printer kept fucking up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PfHmAoCg2A

I had a nice big one from micro center a few years ago. It was ok. Most of my stuff i print is small anyway. Just for small prototyping parts.
you really got to think about what you want to print

Everything. I want to print everything. :rofl: Im sure the select mini would be just fine, but then I see these things and I want to do them, but I have to ask myself, do I REALLY need to?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNUuwJpeilM

I wonder if [MENTION=396]Mike K[/MENTION] sells 3D printers.

MuffHugger

Formerly GTP Mike
Jun 16, 2008
Lil Romeoville
Real Name
Mike
[MENTION=95]Fish[/MENTION] That's one of the printers we have. I don't care to learn about it, but we printed like 40 of those fucking cats because that's the only file that would actually print on that fucking thing. The other printer is an older, outdated Makerbot that cost like $5,000 back in the day. It's cool and all, but it's noisy and likes to fuck up more than a modified 3800

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
The maker select mini? Ive seen some cool shit printed on them, but I know people usually mod them to make them more stable and get better quality prints.

Sucks to hear about the makerbot. I know I have been using the Addison Library that has a makerbot, and Im not all that impressed with the quality. I dont know if its the operator or the printer.

MuffHugger

Formerly GTP Mike
Jun 16, 2008
Lil Romeoville
Real Name
Mike
Yeah, my boss doesn't want to mod the thing; typical old guy mentality. As far as the makerbot, I can attest that it is mostly the operator. Going in with 0 knowledge on 3D printing, I was able to print a whole project (3 hours?) without any fuck ups. For an institution of higher learning, there are some seriously fucking dumb people that go there.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Yeah, my boss doesn't want to mod the thing; typical old guy mentality. As far as the makerbot, I can attest that it is mostly the operator. Going in with 0 knowledge on 3D printing, I was able to print a whole project (3 hours?) without any fuck ups. For an institution of higher learning, there are some seriously fucking dumb people that go there.

That also sucks to hear. I have another lower NES controller plate on order to be printed, and I sent some notes hoping to see if the print will come out looking better, but we will see.

If this thing is garbage, Ill say fuck it and just buy one anyway. Just small projects mostly, but I wasnt sure if I should just get the mini or hold out for the regular select with the bigger bed.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info