Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Fzlo3Iw.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mI4UxURjqEQ

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
Authorities say the body camera video released Wednesday afternoon of a Douglas County, Colo. deputy’s decision to fire two rounds at what turned out to be an armed man he thought was stranded on the side of the road shows how a situation can change in the blink of an eye.

The shooting happened near County Line Road and Santa Fe Drive at around 6:45 p.m. on Friday. The Douglas County Sheriff’s Office says the deputy involved had stopped after seeing the suspect’s white SUV parked on the side of the road.
The body camera video shows the deputy walk over to the passenger window of the car, and then back to the other side.

In a split second, you can see the driver standing on the side of the car holding a rifle. The deputy fires twice, hitting the suspect and the passenger door.

The deputy, a 6-year veteran of the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office since identified as Brad Proulx, wasn’t hurt. The suspect, 25-year-old Deyon Marcus Rivas-Maestas, was injured and taken to Littleton Hospital.

He was released Wednesday afternoon and was in the process of being booked into the Douglas County Detention Center. Rivas-Maestas faces charges for first-degree assault.
Investigators say the rifle he was holding was not loaded. They're trying to determine why he advanced on Proulx and was on the side of the road.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
I actually paused it slowly and it looked like he threw the gun at the cop or got scared and lost the gun into the cop. But it definitely hit the cop. And I'm sure he was backpedaling as there was an imminent threat right in front of his face, further forcing him to fall backwards.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Wow that cop had a quick draw. Do not envy them what so ever. That's why I always roll all the windows down and put my left hand outside the window when stopped. Always be careful and make them feel safer and you will be on your way

Dude had to be on some serious drugs. That cop had a hell of a draw!

I'm not an officer, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

I think standard protocol until you have the situation fully assessed and under control and/or you have backup with you, is you have your right hand on your pistol in it's holster or nearby just in case.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
I actually paused it slowly and it looked like he threw the gun at the cop or got scared and lost the gun into the cop. But it definitely hit the cop. And I'm sure he was backpedaling as there was an imminent threat right in front of his face, further forcing him to fall backwards.

That was my assessment as well. Looks like the suspect went to hit the cop with the butt of the rifle lost his grip, or he just straight up threw the gun at the cop. It did look like an AR though

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info