Driveway seal coater whos got a guy?

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
I have a decent size half circle driveway that needs seal coating. Last time I got it done it was like $650 and unknown to me the guy did one of those spray jobs on it (Thought he was gonna use the liquid stuff)...I kinda feel like it didn't last very long. Also thought $650 was a little steep? Or am being a cheap fuck? Anyone got a hook up?

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
b24224ee41e36a07603cd5724ac498fb.jpg

c4ae2d5b73852bbc182387c0d1aa13a1.jpg

Google makes the driveway look a little longer then I guess it is.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
I'm in Bloomingdale. How was the price with Done-Rite?

Very fair. I forget the exact cost but like I said, I also had them do the infrared repair in a couple places. I think it still came out to around $500 plus or minus a tolerable amount in all. After the fix, they then seal coated it.

https://doneritesealcoating.com/asphalt-repair/

Tony is the boss there.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
Seems like the spray consistently gives a more even job that ends up being better looking. Could be the amount they sprayed or the style of tar they used that caused the lack of durability :dunno: You can request double layered spray (they just run the truck by twice instead of once, or whatever their protocol is) or include more sand in the mix.

Just my $.02 from getting the parking lot done at our site a couple times over the last 6 years. First time they didn't put almost any sand in the mix, and the lot was a fucking ice rink in the rain :rofl:

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
So ended up going with Barreca cause the price seemed really good. Had an appointment for last week, took the day off work and it ended up getting rained out. So they told me they could come out this Tuesday, ended up taking a vacation day. Guys showed up and did a great job. Unfortunately, it rained about a hour after they put down the seal coat. Washed it away mostly. Looks pretty bad. Gave Barreca a call and they said they'll come out on Friday and toss another coat on. Hopfully the rain stays away for at least a few hours. I swear if I didn't have bad luck, I'd have none at all.

View from the top of the driveway after the rain. Actually, looks pretty good.
3c24fa3dabb41de005a78ae295d03841.jpg

Left entrance of the driveway washed away.
1f548c980b0c368ed2c075d641a8e1f5.jpg

Right entrance of the driveway looks really bad.
7bf1eccd7517ee226cc35181b91c4aa4.jpg

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
Id imagine cause my diesel truck is pretty heavy? Driveway was completely removed and replaced 7 years ago. In the second picture where there is a decent amount of cracks, that's from turning my tires in the truck without moving trying to park my trailer.

Wasn't being a smartass, I was simply asking since you just had it redone.

I would of hoped they laid new blacktop all around and not just sprayed over the old stuff.

Yes, I'm sure your diesel truck is heavy.....

Gamble

TCG Elite Member
May 23, 2015
Is there a difference between spray on and roll on?

Also any of these places re level a driveway? Mine needs some help and I'd also like to expand it. Last guy I called never called me back so I'd only like to work with someone that gets a good referral.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info