Shipping a turbo- who to use, FedEx, UPS, etc?

b4black

before black
Jun 6, 2008
Oswego
I need to ship a turbo to Alabama. It's 21 pounds, so it will be a little costly.

I tried using the FedEx and UPS websites to estimate a price. Both sites suck big time for first time users. The people that design them should be forced to use them to see how bad they are.

Can someone that's used both (or others) recommend which is cheaper? Time's not an issue. Does USPS even do bigger, heavy packages?

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
Usually I go with FedEx or UPS for shipping large items or heavy items. If it fits in a medium flat rate box or smaller then I'll ship USPS.

FedEx can be cheaper but depending on location product is being shipped to (residential and/or what city/state). Last large box I shipped from UPS (30+ lbs) and cost about $5-$10 cheaper than FedEx.

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
I need to ship a turbo to Alabama. It's 21 pounds, so it will be a little costly.

I tried using the FedEx and UPS websites to estimate a price. Both sites suck big time for first time users. The people that design them should be forced to use them to see how bad they are.

Can someone that's used both (or others) recommend which is cheaper? Time's not an issue. Does USPS even do bigger, heavy packages?

I've never had issues getting shipping rates.

What are box dimensions, weight, ship to and from zip codes.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
Thanks all. I gave it another shot and figured the sites out (I still say they all suck!). They were all close, but FedEx ground was the cheapest by about a buck. $17.50.

PS- largest USPS flat rate box is 5½" tall. And not cheaper than FedEx.
That's why I try avoiding large flat rate boxes with USPS unless you use your own box. I used to love using the Regional Rate C boxes (large box at a lower cost than large flat rate), but USPS stopped using Rate C boxes (they now use A and B only).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info