Extended/used car warranty companies. Who's good, who to stay away from?

BrianG

Big Dick Team Octane
Oct 5, 2008
Streamwood
Real Name
Brian G
There was a good a thread on here from a while back. If you search for "warranty", it should come up. That's how I ended up deciding to go with Endurance. Price seems good, I think it is just over $3000 for 4 years of coverage. Few hundred dollars in a down payment, then auto-bills $1xx.xx/mo for 24 months. The last 24 months are "free". You just have to go through a 2 month and 1000 mile waiting period when you purchase the contract. I think they start coverage up to 150,000 too. $100 deductible iirc. I haven't had to make any claims yet tho, so I don't know how great it is, but there was at least one good review on here.

https://www.endurancewarranty.com/

Thread: http://www.thechicagogarage.com/for...ftermarket-extended-warranty-experiences.html

Jfrost

TCG Elite Member
Dec 19, 2011
Brookfield
Just got a quote thru Endurance and it sounds pretty good. $191 start up special and $151 a month for 24 months on a 4 year 60k loaded warranty.
That's if my GM extended warranty doesn't transfer.

The GM service contract will only transfer from owner to new owner of the vehicle if done through private sale. Service contract pricing is based upon specific make/models sp that's why it will not "cleanly" transfer to entirely new car. Some contacts may switch for a fee but I've never come across one that does.

Jfrost

TCG Elite Member
Dec 19, 2011
Brookfield
Typically any factory backed service contract will be a good value. Your best bet is to get a copy of the contract itself and read through the exclusions and stipulations surrounding a claim. All providers have fine print items and circumstances they won't cover: diagnosis, rental, consequential damage, amongst others. You need to know exactly what you are getting yourself into ahead of time.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info