propane radiant heat

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
Seems like its for garages and shops? They aren't too upfront with how much ventilation is required.. I already have a carbon monoxide detector in the garage so I guess rely on that and whether you pass out or not?

:obama:

786261.jpg

https://www.farmandfleet.com/products/786261-dewalt-portable-radiant-heater.html

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
There's no mercaptian in the propane I use and its a more pure propane, you won't be able to buy it that way anyway, I wouldn't worry much about it anyway they are made to burn grill propane, it won't last a real long time as your only heat source if you plan to heat the garage all the time, when it's real cold out I burn a 100lb bottle every 2 weeks but I keep my garage 50 all the time

Mr. SBF

Keeping it Real with Ford Power!!!
May 12, 2015
Kenosha County
Well not garage related :rofl: I busted out my propane heater that I use for ice fishing to heat up my nitrous bottles this weekend at the track... because 2 weeks before while up there I broke the recoil on my generator and was to lazy to fix it. The heater worked pretty damn good considering themps were around 40°. Winds were around 9mph so I just left it in the truck up by the cab to shield it from the wind. Took around 10 minutes to get it were I needed it to make my passes. Way btter than loading and unloading a heavy ass generator in and out of the truck plus didn't have to listen to a loud ass generator... :jg:

Attachments

• 20161130_165518.jpg
    20161130_165518.jpg
    553.5 KB · Views: 66

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
There's no mercaptian in the propane I use and its a more pure propane, you won't be able to buy it that way anyway, I wouldn't worry much about it anyway they are made to burn grill propane, it won't last a real long time as your only heat source if you plan to heat the garage all the time, when it's real cold out I burn a 100lb bottle every 2 weeks but I keep my garage 50 all the time

you must work at n aerosol can plant or something.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I have one of torpedo style from menards. I use 20lb tanks and run on high for 15 minutes then turn it down. Garage I'd about 650 Sq ft. Walls and garage doors are insulated but above drywall ceiling there is no insulation blown in. I do crack the service door for exhaust.

I literally JUST bought my dads remmington torpedo propane Heater from him today (as I've borrowed it countless winters anyways). 3...5lb tank, heats up a garage plenty fast..

I'm excited to fire it up and work on my engine this weekend.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info