[Video] 7/1/16 Chicago Police Chase Ends in Fatal Crash

dberz94

Professional Slacker
Feb 14, 2015
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ikw0RhYZZY

They pull him over @ 4:10 and the crash begins @ 8:45. I'm stunned pedestrians weren't hit in the process.

Absolutely shocking footage to say the least. The crash is shown from the state police cruiser following the suspects' vehicle before CPD collided with the suspects at 124th and Union in West Pullman. Two of the four suspects died and the officers survived with non life-threatening injuries.

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2010
North Aurora
That was really intense. I'm surprised the state trooper kept calling in all the streets they were chasing down. I would have thought by now. Cruisers would have GPS and dispatch could follow them and relay the info to other officers. That is a lot to deal with. Dealing with your emotions, adrenaline, high speeds and talking into the radio giving their position.

I'm glad the officers were ok. Too bad all the perps did not die.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
Who died? The suspects or an officer in the truck?

This gives me a mix of emotions but the strongest one is hate. I have such contempt for the type of person that puts so little value on life that it means nothing for them to risk everyone else's.

I'm curious why the officers kept giving chase, at such high speeds, through a residential area, including down alleys...

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
Also, looks like a clear case of police brutality. I'm not sure why they had to resort to such lethal force. Instead of ramming the perp's car, they should have tried to taze the driver through an open window.

These officers need to be shown how to de-escalate the situation.

dberz94

Professional Slacker
Feb 14, 2015
Also, looks like a clear case of police brutality. I'm not sure why they had to resort to such lethal force. Instead of ramming the perp's car, they should have tried to taze the driver through an open window.

Idk the officers in the SUV probably thought the suspects, and chase, were elsewhere. I don't think cops are taught to ram someone in an urban area, especially at that speed.

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John
Seems to me like the SUV ramming could have easily been accidental. CPD was hauling ass through the streets and their car just happened to be also hauling through the cross street. I'm assuming either the CPD explorer, or the GP blew a stop sign there (or maybe both).

My 2 cents as every one including the CPD seemed surprised by what just happened.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
Idk the officers in the SUV probably thought the suspects, and chase, were elsewhere. I don't think cops are taught to ram someone in an urban area, especially at that speed.

Seems to me like the SUV ramming could have easily been accidental. CPD was hauling ass through the streets and their car just happened to be also hauling through the cross street. I'm assuming either the CPD explorer, or the GP blew a stop sign there (or maybe both).

My 2 cents as every one including the CPD seemed surprised by what just happened.

Sarcasm y'all!

Hi - My name is blakbearddelite.

Everyone else knows that I'm making fun of our liberal friends that are always claiming excessive force when handled by the cops. They would have said, 'You should have just tazed him bro!!!!'. You didn't think it was absolutely ridiculous that I suggested tazing them through a window of a moving car? That should have been the first sign that I was because sarcastic.

cacicgtp7

Some Military Dude
Nov 9, 2008
Boston, MA
Real Name
John
Sarcasm y'all!

Hi - My name is blakbearddelite.

Everyone else knows that I'm making fun of our liberal friends that are always claiming excessive force when handled by the cops. They would have said, 'You should have just tazed him bro!!!!'. You didn't think it was absolutely ridiculous that I suggested tazing them through a window of a moving car? That should have been the first sign that I was because sarcastic.

My remarks actually weren't directed at you, I was just making a general observation.

dberz94

Professional Slacker
Feb 14, 2015

He probably had his hands up by the the time the SUV hit them though. :io:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info