Summer tires v.5?

wombat

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 29, 2007
WI
My Eagle F1s feel okay on the car, but ever since getting it tuned (and having 25kish miles on the tires) they feel worse.

I've seen talk about the Hankook V12's out there- [MENTION=5]Mook[/MENTION] [MENTION=85]EmersonHart13[/MENTION] how good are they?

Hankook*Ventus V12 evo2 Those are the ones I'm talking about.

Aside from that- what recommendations for a summer tire? Focus ST is the car.

m_dogg

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 23, 2008
Had Hankook Ventus V12 evo2 on the Legacy few years ago, I loved them. Minimal road noise, comfy, good traction, handled great on California twisty roads. Tread life wasn't as good as I'd hope but I will go with V12s again after my BF Goodrich are done.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
I got 3 solid nice weather seasons out of mine and I drove a fuck ton those first two seasons. I limped them along for a season and then ended up selling the car.

I wish they came in sizes I could use for my other car, I'd buy the shit out of them. I also have a friend with sumitomo htr Z 3's and loves them. Similar specs as the hankooks but come in a few more sizes.

wombat

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 29, 2007
WI
bridgestone re-11 and love them. from my experience conti DW's were really loud, v12 evo 2's not enough dry grip and Pirelli corsa's wore too quickly. if budget is not an option PSS all day everyday.

Michelin pilot super sport

/thread

How's the wear on the PSS's? Right now a set of 4 PSS would be like $766 from Tire Rack where as the Hankook would be $493 - $100 MIR = $393... Are they really worth 2x more?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info