Best Tequila? What do you like?

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Who likes tequila?

Backstory: First, you want 100% agave tequila. It will say if it is on the bottle. Less than 100% agave is crap. Second, there are four grades of tequila. Blanco which is fresh, new tequila. It's clear in color. Reposado is aged up to one year in oak casks. More flavor, less burn. The third type is Anejo. Aged over one year. Sipping tequila. A fourth type, Extra Anejo, is aged longer and, usually, the best. In general, with tequila, you get what you pay for but some of the $100+ tequilas are really overpriced.

Some of my favorites:

Don Julio Anejo.

Cabo Wabo Anejo and Reposado (Reposado for the burn)

I want to try some Casa Noble Single Barrel Extra Anejo. It's only $50 per bottle and is ranked high by Business Insider.

What do you guys recommend?

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
$17 for a 750, $33 for a handle.

a2688e65d81a971bbbd4dfe1fe97516f.jpg

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Im not a huge tequila guy but theres one i get from total wine called Senor Pedro. Its 100% agave blanco and its good for mixing with stuff. Just has a nice crisp flavor that i like. Other than that i also like Hornitos black. Its aged in whiskey barrels, so it takes on a nice fusion of whiskey and tequila. That one is good to just drink over ice.

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
Lots of good suggestions in here. Cazadores for mixing.(squirt and limes) Cabo wabo, Don Julio, Cien anos or Avion for shots. I'll even throw in Tres generaciones and 1800 Reserve as honorable mentions. Lol ;) Actually too many to mention but you cant go wrong with those.

I don't even mess with Tequila anymore but I've been there done that over the years.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Never drink cheap tequila. I usually go for Don Julio Anejo or if I'm feeling fancy Don Julio Real. When I do drink tequila it is straight at room temperature with no lime or salt. If you need that crap then you are drinking crap tequila

I like Don Julio at room temp. compared to Cabo which I like to keep in the freezer. Different temps. seem to change the taste of tequila sometimes better, sometimes worse.

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
Different temps. seem to change the taste of tequila sometimes better, sometimes worse.

This was something that surprised me. You are exactly right though.

There is something about Jose Cuervo that I just don't like. It has a very distinct flavor that I just can't get on board with. I tried some of their more expensive anejo, and it still tasted just like Jose.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Can these be found commonly at bars, clubs, and restaurants? I havent heard of the ones in the 1st post. Will check out though. I was a vodka guy in the early days, then went to rum, and now tequila.

Both Cabo and Don Julio are pretty popular and well stocked bars will have them. Cabo Wabo was started by singer Sammy Hagar. He has since sold the company but his previous ownership still gives brand recognition.

Most decent liquor stores will have either.

OK, now I want a shot. Have to grab the Cabo out of the freezer... :smile:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info