Don't be raising no pussies

ktraver97ss

I say what everyone thinks
Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
So true, I make a point to let my kids go get dirty, hurt themselves if they don't heed my warnings, and that lets them learn from their own mistakes and i feel builds their confidence and grit basically. Not sure how much of the willingness to do certain things is hereditary, but my son loves being a manly little bro. Little fucker can do 28 pushups at 5 years old and likes to practice boxing with this little bag set my friend got him. i worry sometimes as he gets into school he will revert to the pussy generation mentality, but I don' think I should be, he is kind of a bad ass mother fucker. lol

I'm soon to be a father. While the gender is yet to be determined, I do plan on raising my child to be self reliant and tough. I don't want my son/daughter waiting on some dickbag to come change a flat for him/her. My (hopefully, son) will be raised with the same DIY ethics that have kept me alive thus far. The idea of raising a litigious soft-spined suburbanite weenie keeps me up at night. Not today. Not ever.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
I was recently poolside at a friends house and one of the other guys I didnt know had his 5 year old there. The kids were being kids and what not, but this one boy just kept fucking screaming and crying, for no fucking reason. He had to hang onto the ladder most of the time and when you went to go out of the pool hed look a you and just whimper and flinch and cry. I seriously wanted to fucking back hand him and be like what the fuck your issue pussy?!

Whole time the father is just idling by, mostly on his phone, not paying much attention. I mean how embarrassing. Then someone made the comment of "stop crying like a girl", meanwhile, the girl, of same age, was jumping in and out and splashing and having a great time. I made it a point to say that the girl hadn't cried once.

I mean, sure, kids can be kids, but fucking christ. I wanted to tell that dude his kid was going to grow up to be a huge pussy

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
If grip strength is all I need to be worried about, both my son and I are good. :rofl:

The article isn't wrong as far as I've read through so far though. Real issue isn't the kids, its the society. Kids are not allowed to hash issues out any more, we force them to give everyone the benefit of the doubt and isolate them all in their safe little bubbles in hopes that no one triggers anyone else. We've straight OUTLAWED bullies - and their resulting benefits (yes you heard me right, bullies even serve a purpose to children). Trophies are given to every child who even TRIES at a sport. The list goes on and on.

Raise your kids to be stand up, honorable, virtuous BAD ASSES. Let them know they can actually stand up for themselves and others. For the love of God, teach them to shake hands properly - PLEASE. Nothing says WEAK like a shitty handshake in business.

Manliness at its essence is under attack every day. It's literally looked down upon to be a man in many cases. I mean, for fucks sake - "mansplaining" and other bullshit adjectives have been created to diminish the man. You certainly cannot open doors for women any more, that makes you chauvinistic and sexist. You cannot compliment a woman on their appearance. You cannot take command of a situation for fear of being called out as a discriminatory opportunity-stifling arrogant asshole - in every day life OR in the boardroom - and its only going to get worse unless something is changed.

So if you're a young man out there and you're reading this - you need to know how to function and fix the world around you - from changing a tire or your own oil, to fixing your car, to complimenting a woman and successfully landing a date without the help of tinder or match. You ought to also learn the benefits of staying physically fit and eating well too while you're at it.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
Will read the article later. But my daughter as she is, is in her whiny 2 year old stage. A quick backhand and it's fixed.......just kidding. But I just ignore her when she wants her way. But when it comes to playing rough. I've been playing "rough" with her for a while. She can play by herself, fall, whine for a second, then say "okay" and continue playing. Just the other day she snuck in the dining room and grabbed a packet of wasabi from Sushi Station that my wife left to close to the side of the table and ate some. She only started whining for a bit and came up to me, then stopped whining. She took that like a champ.

Another time she fell from her little tykes slide (from the top) and ran up to my wife crying for a second. Just wanted a hug then said okay and ran back to the slide.

I have a little cousin that hit my daughter (he's a year older), and she turned around and hit him back. That's what I want. I want her to defend herself. When she gets a bit older, I may actually put her in classes.

HeavyG

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 3, 2007
kids suck more than ever.......

Attachments

• Jesse Lenz.png
    Jesse Lenz.png
    428.1 KB · Views: 136

LoveSpank

JTICE
Mar 13, 2012
Oswego
Ok best quote from all of that
"Being a guy meant doing manual labor. That was just part of growing up — no matter your social class".
I come from a do it yourself, man the fuck up, get up and walk it off family. My problem with most men if thats what u want to call them (I call them wrist benders), is that most want the easy way out and don't wanna WORK for it. I know several guys who bitch about working a 8 hour day, bitch please! Grab your sack check if there is in deed balls and make a living and be proud of your work. But shit where has that gone, being proud to get something done. I get jacked when i bang something out with my god given MAN hands and can say i did that. I try to be the best at whatever i am doing as this was the way i was raised. I was told as a kid nothing half ass and if it was i did what was needed to make it right.
As far as the way i was raised if i did something wrong given severity came the level of discipline. Slapped, spanked whatever the case and it worked. Im raising my son the same way i was. To be a MAN and work for what you want and to be proud of what you have and know nothing is free you have to earn it, and if you fall wipe the blood off and try again.
So heres to make our youth men.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Hmmmmmm I'm not so sure I buy this article. Maybe it's because of the industry I'm in and I am surrounded by sports/competition that I do not see this occurring.

I feel like this notion of social justice warriors, white knights, man hatred, epidemic of pussies thinking is a concept or idea that has just gained traction/snowballed from small instances that get big voices in media.

To me it's like the whole fear mongering deal with terrorism. The chances of it happening on our soil is super rare, but the way the government/media seem to have people believing that this is s daily occurrence. I think this is more of a case of social media and spreading of information making a situation worse. People tend to focus on the negative.....not the positive.

zenriddles

Guns don't kill people, 'vaccines' do
Aug 18, 2005
Holiday Inn
Hmmmmmm I'm not so sure I buy this article. Maybe it's because of the industry I'm in and I am surrounded by sports/competition that I do not see this occurring.

I feel like this notion of social justice warriors, white knights, man hatred, epidemic of pussies thinking is a concept or idea that has just gained traction/snowballed from small instances that get big voices in media.

To me it's like the whole fear mongering deal with terrorism. The chances of it happening on our soil is super rare, but the way the government/media seem to have people believing that this is s daily occurrence. I think this is more of a case of social media and spreading of information making a situation worse. People tend to focus on the negative.....not the positive.

Dear God

Classic Greasy. This is why I have given you a hard time. You COULD be a 'Man's man', you choose NOT to. I like you, believe it or not, and am proud of your car-guy accomplishments. I put superchargers on things that didn't have them originally, so do you.

Goddammit! when is that other testicle going to descend? You could be a leader the next younger testosterone crowd needs and you just WON'T do it.

Arrrrggggghhhhhh ! ! ! ! !

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL

Yep, definitely warped by what you're exposed to. Check corporate America for the rest of the not so manly men.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Dear God

Classic Greasy. This is why I have given you a hard time. You COULD be a 'Man's man', you choose NOT to. I like you, believe it or not, and am proud of your car-guy accomplishments. I put superchargers on things that didn't have them originally, so do you.

Goddammit! when is that other testicle going to descend? You could be a leader the next younger testosterone crowd needs and you just WON'T do it.

Arrrrggggghhhhhh ! ! ! ! !

:rofl:

Just because I don't buy the article doesn't mean I'm not a man's man lol. I honestly do not see this world full of male vaginas running around. I was just at a hockey tournament a couple of weekends ago where all ages competed, the young kids (early teens to mid twenties) were pretty damn tenacious and played fucking hard. There must have been over 60 teams there in that age range.

The younger males I'm around at work seem to be normal. Maybe I'm not exposed enough to pussies to realize the problem. I don't know, just not my perception.

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
This world is a doomed cesspool of political correctness.

How many of us grew up hearing "I'll GIVE YOU SOMETHING TO CRY ABOUT!!!"? And our parents really meant that shit. Now even the mention of disciplining a child means someone is going to call the cops or DCFS. The pussification of this country disgusts me and I swear to God when I have children they will not be the pussies we have running around today. Too many parents want to be their child's friend or buddy, FUCK THAT!!! Be a fucking parent and your child will thank you for it later in life because you prepared them for the harsh reality that is the real world. The current parenting style is a joke and they will reap what they sow when their little angel never has the basic courage to strike out on their own and they're living with mommy and daddy until they die.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info