Lets talk about; Lowered cars hurt your knees... (im serious)

HeavyG

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 3, 2007
My left knee hurts like hell after driving my Vette....

A combination of; Getting Older, Extra Weight and the car sitting so low to the ground is what Im suspecting...

So Im on the verge of trading it in for a truck.

Even thou I dont drive it much....Im at the point where I dread driving it...I havent driven it in like a month.....my knee is getting back to normal.

I dont believe I need to see a doctor as I notice this only happens in the summer for the past couple of summers....

Talk to me, anyone in the same boat?

I sure am gonna miss it driving her but Im in a tight spot....

Chime in please on if you experience this? how do you deal with it? did you simply cut your losses and accept the fact that you cant drive a lowered car again in this lifetime...

Thanks TCG

cap42

Restoration Hell
Mar 22, 2005
Bolingbrook IL
I've had bad knees for years. Yes getting in and out of lowered cars can be painful especially with my 250pd fat ass. It even bothers me in my DD Fusion.

I have just learned to deal with it, when I worked out consistently it didn't bother me. I don't have a lowered car anymore but I would do the old lady getting in and out of the car if I did.

I just drove to and from Ballinger Texas, had to stop every three hours and stand/walk a bit because my knees were absolutely killing me.

I would go see a doc, they may be able to do something to help especially since it will most likely get worse with time. Add in some light exercise to keep the joint strong and limber. Especially if it came down to not enjoying your car.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info