Surface Pro 4

cap42

Restoration Hell
Mar 22, 2005
Bolingbrook IL
I don't personally own the Pro 4, I do have an older surface and love it. I do support several pro 4's and feedback from the users love them as well. The only negative I can give it right now is that there is a bug Microsoft is aware of and working towards resolving. The bug is when it goes to sleep or shutdown and doesn't want to wake back up. Seem's hit or miss on the devices if they experience the issue or not.

The Surface RT's and pro 2's had the same issue and it took Microsoft a few months to deploy a patch that resolved them.

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
The bug is when it goes to sleep or shutdown and doesn't want to wake back up. Seem's hit or miss on the devices if they experience the issue or not.

are you on windows 10? i've experienced something similar since updating. i hit the power button, i see the screen come on but no login option.
ctrl+alt+delete on the keyboard brings it up every time though

MikeyLikesIt

PHEV Enthusiast
Jun 11, 2009
Downers Grove
I have a surface pro 4 and 0 issues with shutting down or sleeping/waking. I run Windows 10 pro and Office 2016. I love mine. Core i7, 16 gigs of RAM and I put it in a sleeve and carry in a zippered binder with a pad of paper. Crazy battery time if you don't run full brightness. I think I hit about 5 hours with time to spare last week during a couple of super meetings.

Omicron

From Russia With Love
TCG Premium
Jan 13, 2013
McHenry
Just bought one tonight. Had been thinking about replacing my old iPad 2 with something more versatile and I think this will fit the bill. Coworker has a pro 3 and I've been pretty impressed with its performance.

Mine is the basic pro 4: i5 128gb

I'll be in Europe for a while and will report back my pros and cons

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info