Smoke detectors.

Jizzums

sweetest bitch
Nov 12, 2007
Warrenville
Real Name
Jamie
There's one in the hallway outside of our bathroom. If we ever leave the door open while taking a hot shower for a longer period of time it seems that the steam sets it off. It's always fun running out of the shower with conditioner in my hair and finding a chair to stand on to turn it off haha.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
I believe the one downstairs in my living room is Ionization. We can have the range fan running on high, and a door open, and it seems to want to set off that detector. Almost makes me want to buy one that connects to my Wi-Fi and be able to silence it via app.

BTW, my detectors are hard wired and haven't had an issue with backup batteries.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
I mean it be been in the house only about 2 and a half years but I have needed to change the batteries 3 times now. I figure the last people never changed them so that's 1 and the backup battery is rated for 2 years so that explains the second but why the third?

I also run a nest smoke detector/CO sensor so we can remote monitor the house when we are gone (make sure the pets are ok). I had horrible problems with my first unit I got but after an exchange it's worked perfectly and doesn't eat the backup batteries.

How long do smoke detectors last anyway? I think I heard 7 years but I might be wrong

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info