CFD Test Results

b00sted

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 6, 2010
Yes, this is the test from December.

The medic list is entirely different. From my understanding, that's for already-licensed paramedics who simply applied to work on the medic side and got put on a list. The guys I know on that list have been on it for a few years already...They still had to take the fire test in December in order to have a chance at getting hired on to the fire side of the department.

b00sted

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 6, 2010
Did you get an email with the results or in the mail?

I got an e-mail, but they're supposedly sending the results via regular mail as well. I still have a few friends that didn't get an e-mail yet. It kind of sucks, because it seems like they're sending out the results in numerical order. I have friends that scored 6, 3xx, 4xx, 10xx, and up, and it seems like the lower numbers got their e-mails first.

b00sted

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 6, 2010
I'm not sure how the preference points work though. My friends who went to CPS and took the CPD test with me got numbers higher than mine(and I went to private school). I think the preference points come in to play after the fact...Like when they're going through the list, they may treat you as if your number was 25-50 spots lower or something. I'm sure the way in which they do it is all fucked up.

b00sted

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 6, 2010
You mean they don't go by test score alone? Say it isn't so.

They determined that basing spots off of test score was racist.

I find it hard to believe that nearly half of the test takers managed to fail...The test was 6th-7th grade level at best and was almost entirely reading comprehension and basic logic. No math or real science from what I remember.

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
Good luck to you all. Glad to be out of that rat race. I may be wrong but I thought CFD used the last digit of your social to determine if you advanced in the process years back. Not saying they're doing that now but it's just ridiculous how some of those lists work.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info