The Ultimate Boosted Motor

SHARKBITEATTACK

Enthusiast
Jun 15, 2008
Bartlett
Good stuff! I love space exploration. Looks like this booster is part of what will be the biggest and baddest rocket since the Saturn V.
1ec4f6d8387bee142aa2156bfdcabd3e.jpg

Prevent

ilikemtb999 is my friend
Jun 29, 2009
They really don't get much money for a budget.... didn't people want to cut NASA's budget by like half or more and send it to "schools, local government" I'm not sure on the specifics but I could swear NASA is the reason for many ground breaking discoveries that affected everyday life.

For Fiscal Year 2015, NASA received an appropriation of US$18.01 billion from Congress—$549 million more than requested and approximately $350 million more that the 2014

basically 1% of the budget is appropriated to NASA

Xfirez51

Fast BoyZ of IllinoiZ
Jan 1, 2013
Northwest Chicagoland
The effects of John Kennedy's Moon Shot are still rippling through our culture today. The ROI. For the money we have spent on Space is nearly immeasurable.
And yet the funding levels since the 70's has been progressively worse. I can't imagine a better investment for our country, our economy, and the world.

This is a crime for the greatest country on Earth.

NASABudgetHistory.pdf

Xfirez51

Fast BoyZ of IllinoiZ
Jan 1, 2013
Northwest Chicagoland
It was all very new and stuff of science fiction. However, science fiction in the 50's was more fantasy. Today, it's very realistic and imagineable. I don't think that today we would be "surprised" by most anything because we have already imagined it.
In the 50's, as computers got more powerful, they would have gotten enormous and only used by a few. Didn't turn out that way.
In 2019, it will have been a half-century since man first set foot on an extraterrestrial body.
Sputnik changed the trajectory of the world. The U.S. went into a crash course of science and engineering to catch up w the Soviets. I hope that something like that happens again and does away w the trend towards stupidity and ignorance and disdain of science.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info