Missing people and our National Parks

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Very interesting read...quite spooky!

The National Park Service doesn’t keep sufficient records on these vanishings, and in fact, it appears to be hiding this information from the public. Strangely, a big percentage of these disappearances have clues in common: Huckleberries, dogs, swamps and bad weather.

Author David Paulides has written the books Missing 411-Western U.S., Missing 411-Eastern U.S. and Missing 411-North America and Beyond to tell the little known story of these disappearances dating back at least 125 years in this country. The year 2013 saw more national park disappearances than in the past 27 years combined. Paulides has hit several stone walls on his quest to solve the mystery of the disappearances, including the National Park Service (NPS) and the FBI.

missing-from-parks-map.jpg

The Secret Vanishings in America

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Potheads going to be one with nature, gets lost. Color me shocked.

Quite Young potheads

Most of those who have disappeared are children ages 20 months to 12 years and the elderly ages 74 to 85. Not one person carrying a firearm(and only one carrying a transponder device) has disappeared. Typically, a search is initiated and run for about ten days then dropped.

Fifty percent of the children who go missing are found dead, and the ones who are found are found miles away from where they disappeared, in areas seemingly impossible for them to get to on their own. The majority of children who have disappeared had dogs with them. In some cases, the dogs returned, but the children never did. Children found alive won’t talk about their experience or say they don’t remember what happened to them. They’re found usually running a low-grade fever and appear traumatized. In all cases, the parents say that the child was right behind them when they disappeared. Usually, the children are wearing bright, colorful clothing when they disappear, and even if they are found miles away without the shoes they were wearing, their feet are not scratched or bruised.

Yosemite National Park, with 40 to 45 cases, has the largest cluster of vanishings and oddly, in most areas where the disappearances have occurred, huckleberries are almost always in great abundance.

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
Most of those who have disappeared are children ages 20 months to 12 years and the elderly ages 74 to 85.

Well no shit! The people between the age of 12-74 have learned enough at that age to have a better chance of finding their way back to civilization while using extremely extremely basic survival skills and are more able bodied to do so. I am willing to bet that you would see a perfect Bell curve in the rate of survivability for this age range.

Not one person carrying a firearm(and only one carrying a transponder device) has disappeared.

Refer to the previous demographic. Most people that go out carrying guns aren't usually going to be younger than 12 years old or older than in their 70's. 12 years old is right around the age that most of us dads start taking our kids hunting, though there are exceptions that start a bit earlier and some that do it later.

Typically, a search is initiated and run for about ten days then dropped.

Probably because they know that if a person is going to be found alive, it will most likely happen within the first few days to a week. After that it becomes a body recovery operation in all but the most rare cases.

Fifty percent of the children who go missing are found dead, and the ones who are found are found miles away from where they disappeared, in areas seemingly impossible for them to get to on their own.

Yeah, it's pretty easy for a kid who is younger than 12 years old to die while in the wild by their self. If they stuck around the place where they were last seen then of course they would stand a much higher chance of being found pretty damned quickly! Survival 101. Keep walking and it will be that much harder to find you.

Children found alive won’t talk about their experience or say they don’t remember what happened to them.

Those that do survive would be pretty damn traumatized and not be emotionally developed enough to be able to talk about their experience. Memory loss is a normal symptom of severe emotional trauma.

They’re found usually running a low-grade fever and appear traumatized.

Um, yeah, a fever and other sickness is what will happen when you are stuck in the wilderness for days at a time without the proper equipment, shelter, or food to sustain body energy at a high enough point to keep the immune system strong.

In all cases, the parents say that the child was right behind them when they disappeared.

That's what all parents say when their kid runs off without their knowledge, but it still happens.

Usually, the children are wearing bright, colorful clothing when they disappear, and even if they are found miles away without the shoes they were wearing, their feet are not scratched or bruised.

What are the most common colors for active-wear clothing for kids? Bright colors. Most of these people were out for a walk or hike in the woods, which means that they were probably wearing that kind of clothing.

All I see is coincidence, but no causation. All of those mysterious traits are easily explained.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Well no shit! The people between the age of 12-74 have learned enough at that age to have a better chance of finding their way back to civilization while using extremely extremely basic survival skills and are more able bodied to do so. I am willing to bet that you would see a perfect Bell curve in the rate of survivability for this age range.

Refer to the previous demographic. Most people that go out carrying guns aren't usually going to be younger than 12 years old or older than in their 70's.

Probably because they know that if a person is going to be found alive, it will most likely happen within the first few days to a week. After that it becomes a body recovery operation in all but the most rare cases.

Yeah, it's pretty easy for a kid who is younger than 12 years old to die while in the wild by their self. Well yeah! If the stuck around the place where they were last seen then of course they would be found pretty damned quickly! Survival 101. Keep walking and it will be that much harder to find you.

Those that do survive would be pretty damn traumatized and not be emotionally developed enough to be able to talk about their experience. Memory loss is a normal symptom of severe emotional trauma.

Um, yeah, a fever and other sickness is what will happen when you are stuck in the wilderness for days at a time without the proper equipment, shelter, or food to sustain body energy at a high enough point to keep the immune system strong.

That's what all parents say when their kid runs off without their knowledge, but it still happens.

What are the most common colors for active-wear clothing for kids? Bright colors. Most of these people were out for a walk or hike in the woods, which means that they were probably wearing that kind of clothing.

All I see is coincidence, but no causation. All of those mysterious traits are easily explained.

You read 2 paragraphs of the article, probably didnt even click on the link.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Easily explained?

A two year-old boy was visiting his grandparents in Ritter, Oregon in 1952 when he disappeared. He was found unconscious 19 hours later in a frozen creek bed. To arrive there, the small toddler would have had to run non-stop 12 miles across two mountain peaks in those 19 hours, quite impossible considering his age and size.

The toddler probably just went for a 12 mile stroll

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
Easily explained?

The toddler probably just went for a 12 mile stroll

A wild animal could have carried the little tike off , either with the thinking that it was prey or through some sort of nurturing reaction, and ended up dropping the kid elsewhere on the journey. I have seen this very thing happen with wild animals doing it to other smaller wild animals, so why not with a human baby?

So, what do you think happened? Aliens came, picked up the kid, played pattycake with it for 19 hours in their invisible spaceship, and then dropped it 12 miles from home? Bigfoot just wanted to hang out with a toddler for a day?

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
I guess I assumed that if there were much more pertinent information, that you would have seen fit to post it, since you bothered to post that particular passage. Did I give you more credit than you deserve? :dunno:

Read the full link and then we can discuss the whole subject instead of a couple paragraphs that were used to respond to mook's pothead theory. Those paragraphs alone do not provide proof of whats going on.

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
Read the full link and then we can discuss the whole subject instead of a couple paragraphs that were used to respond to mook's pothead theory. Those paragraphs alone do not provide proof of whats going on.

I will do so. However, with regard to that specific paragraph, all of my previous post is an easily plausible explanation for how those events could have taken place without the boogeyman being involved.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
I will do so. However, with regard to that specific paragraph, all of my previous post is an easily plausible explanation for how those events could have taken place without the boogeyman being involved.

I agree if you just take those points alone.

Heres some other points which make these disappearances odd :

-In 95 percent of the cases, bad weather strangely follows a disappearance, washing out footprints and other clues and making it impossible to carry on a search until the weather clears. In 98 to 99 percent of the cases, tracking dogs are unable to find a scent or simply refuse to track.

-Almost 98 percent of the disappearances occur in the afternoon. Searchers have been known to cover an area over 100 times, only to later find the person, alive or dead in the same area they searched before.

-When Paulides first requested information from the NPS under the Freedom of Information Act about the missing persons, he was told they had no records. Later, an attorney called Paulides and asked him why he wanted the information. .........Paulides was shocked when the attorney told him that if he wanted the “non-existent” records from Yosemite National Park, it would cost him $34,000, and if he wanted records from all the national parks, the price tag would be a whopping $1.4 million.

-The FBI refused to give Paulides any information on the disappearance of another small two year-old boy who disappeared in Yosemite in 1957. In that case the boy simply vanished as he walked around the perimeter of his family’s camp site. Bloodhounds and hundreds of people searched for him. He apparently climbed 3000 feet straight up a mountain. He was found dehydrated and suffering from exposure with a tee shirt, no pants, one sock and no shoes.

Heres a recent incident:

The latest disappearance is of a 34 year-old California firefighter who vanished with his dog on Friday, June 13 2014 in the Los Padres National Forest in California. He was camping with a friend when he ran off shoeless, chasing his dog downhill toward a stream. His friend searched for hours, then had to hike two days out of the wilderness to find help. The area being searched is two times the size of the Grand Canyon. On June 19, the firefighter’s dog was found alive.

Mike Herdman, the California firefighter who disappeared two weeks ago chasing his dog during a backpacking trip to the Los Padres National Forest was found dead June 27. Like others who have disappeared into the national forests, Herdman was found at approximately 1200 feet above the river bottom which he had chased his dog into the day he disappeared. When his remains were discovered authorities were astonished to find him shoeless. Rescue crews spent nearly 5,000 man-hours searching and covered 50 square miles on foot and horseback, as well as by air, including the use of two drones. The sheriff stated it was unimaginable that a shoeless person could have traversed so far in such rough terrain.

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
Ok, I read the entire article and am still of the mindset that all of those events are easily explained as simple missing persons events from folks doing dumb things or from the occasional murder. Either way, the NPS would probably prefer that information didn't get all blown out of proportion because their revenue would plummet if people stopped visiting their parks. It is the same with corporations trying to hide when bad shit happens because they don't want stockholders finding out, freaking out, and selling their stock low, which would kill company valuation. Which particular set of events do you take issue with, and why?

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
Yes. This is precisely what's happening.

:s00ls:

I knew it! I am so glad that someone else believes my theory! Now we just need to go about finding this invisible spaceship haunting the skies of Oregon! I suggest we travel there and just shoot wildly up into the air until we hear bullets bouncing off of the hull of the alien ship. I mean, really, how hard can it be to find an invisible alien space vessel that picks up kids more frequently than a catholic priest??! :s00ls:

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
LOL, this is so ridiculous. Man ran off shoeless, yet authorities were astonished they found him shoeless. I woulda been fucking astonished if they found him WITH shoes!

The latest disappearance is of a 34 year-old California firefighter who vanished with his dog on Friday, June 13 2014 in the Los Padres National Forest in California. He was camping with a friend when he ran off shoeless, chasing his dog downhill toward a stream. His friend searched for hours, then had to hike two days out of the wilderness to find help. The area being searched is two times the size of the Grand Canyon. On June 19, the firefighter’s dog was found alive.

Mike Herdman, the California firefighter who disappeared two weeks ago chasing his dog during a backpacking trip to the Los Padres National Forest was found dead June 27. Like others who have disappeared into the national forests, Herdman was found at approximately 1200 feet above the river bottom which he had chased his dog into the day he disappeared. When his remains were discovered authorities were astonished to find him shoeless. Rescue crews spent nearly 5,000 man-hours searching and covered 50 square miles on foot and horseback, as well as by air, including the use of two drones. The sheriff stated it was unimaginable that a shoeless person could have traversed so far in such rough terrain.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info