Are superbowl tickets always this expensive?

Freebeer187

The Bolt Rounder
Feb 2, 2009
Schaumburg
For fun I went on StubHub to see the prices of the upcoming Super bowl. The cheapest ticket was $10,240! Tickets near the field are as high as $35,000. The average ticket is $11,000 to $15,000. Are people really spending this much on one game?

Link:
Super Bowl XLIX [02/01/2015] Tickets on StubHub!

Capture.png

Breze84

$ AIN'T NO PITY IN C-NOTE CITY $
Aug 30, 2010
Chi-Town....
Inflation like a motherfucker. Crazy how expensive the Hawks tickets sell for too, for regular season in the nose bleeds. I like going to the games, but it's just more entertaining sitting on the damn couch...

HA, Before Rocky Wirtz started televising Hawks games you were able to go to games cheap whenever you wanted. Now there are so many bandwagon fans and tickets are bookoo $$$$...

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
I just buy Hawks tickets before the season starts and even in great 100 level seats, they are like $120 each. Not cheap but not breaking the bank either. I'll never understand the people who buy tickets for $500 each. I've sat aginst the glass next to the penalty box before and didn't pay nearly that much.

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
Yea and they never sold out. 15 years ago you went to the UC to see a Hawks game and it was half full...

I went 4 years straight going to almost all of the Hawks home games and MAYBE missed one game a month, now that'd cost me 8 years salary. I love that the fan base has forced the team to be better (more money does that) but I hate all the "trendy" Hawks fans.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info