Must be the season. I too "took the dive"...

BrianG

Big Dick Team Octane
Oct 5, 2008
Streamwood
Real Name
Brian G
... and proposed to my woman. We've been together for almost 14 years with the exception of a couple breaks in the middle where I went off to "sew my oats" elsewhere. We bought a house together in June last year, so it was about time I popped the question. We spent a week in Flagstaff, AZ last week and while visiting a tiny chapel built up on the rocks overlooking the canyon in beautiful Sedona, I dropped to one knee. We've talked about it forever, but she had no idea it was coming while we were on vacation.

Proposal.JPG

Ring.jpg

For anyone wondering, the ring is from Michael Hill Jewelers, part of their Southern Star collection which has a proprietary cut. I didn't give a damn about diamonds before buying this thing, but I have to admit, it's gorgeous and I can't stop staring at it. I bought it from the Michael Hill at Woodfield, and the clerk that helped me, Shauneen (a white woman) was phenomenal. I gave her the specs of the ring I was looking for, she located this one at the Mall of America and had it overnighted for me to review, which I bought the next day. She put on absolutely no pressure during the process, really put in the work to find the ring I wanted to get, and they threw in a bottle of wine too.

BrianG

Big Dick Team Octane
Oct 5, 2008
Streamwood
Real Name
Brian G
Thanks to everyone!

Congratulations. I bet it was fun trying to keep the ring hidden while on vacation.

Am I the only one that laughed a little at the fact that you're on your knee and you're almost as tall as her?
As a matter of fact, because of proper planning, it wasn't all that bad. I kept it in my laptop bag, which never left my side during transit, and she had no reason to go through, so there it sat. Another reason it was a good idea to travel with it in the laptop bag was because US Airways forgot to send my luggage from Phoenix to Flagstaff. Fortunately, I got it delivered a few hours later, but it could have been bad had I left the ring in my checked luggage. Also, I had planned on doing it at the Grand Canyon until I was presented with the idea of Sedona, so I was only carrying it on Friday until I siezed the moment to propose. I definitely didn't carry it around in that massive box either. I just had it in my pocket in a soft sunglasses sleeve. And yeah :rofl:, she's a short one. 4'11" to my 5'11"!

I thought it was more of "ring first, then you can buy a car trailer"...
SHE'S buying ME a trailer now... eventually... at least that's what she hinted at a long time ago. And you know she takes damn good care of me.

To counter all you guys who are saying yikes to marriage, I have been married for 25 years now and wouldn't know what to do without Amy around. Marry the right woman and you have a partner you can love and trust for the rest of your lives.
True true. I'm a lost wreck without her, which is why we've always ended up back together.

How long before a bunch of little Gross's running around?
Probably within 2 years... :eek:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info