Dog owners step on in.

Ti28

Cupcake
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2013
Bartlett
So yesterday I had to grab a bag of food for the dog real quick on my way home. So I stopped in at the Petco in Wooddale. Found the food that we have been using Blue Buffalo Life protection adult.

Go and ring out, no Petco card. Thought I had one, bitch didn't offer me one. But I ended up paying $65 for 30 pounds.

Seems as Pet supply plus and Petsmart are a bit cheaper. Any of you guys have good places that are online? Maybe cheaper than stores?

SRT41320

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jun 11, 2007
Lake in the Hills - IL
If you have a card, they can look it up by your phone number...

We used to get nutro for $50 a bag from pet smart or whatever because it was the only thing my stuck up dogs would eat...

Then that turned into they will only eat dry food if I mix wet food with it...

Now they just get cheap Purina one from Wal-Mart for $25 and a couple of cans for $1 each

Ti28

Cupcake
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2013
Bartlett
Yea, we feed him the "good shit". Some pitties are known to have skin issues so we are trying to keep him on a clean diet. And with this food his coat is soft and shinny and he's really bulked up, even his bum leg has gotten massive. Sticking with what works.

But I was wondering if there was like any direct online places. Cut the middle man price down a bit.

BrianG

Big Dick Team Octane
Oct 5, 2008
Streamwood
Real Name
Brian G
My older dog (Miller) used to eat perscription limited ingredient food that was over $90 for a 27lb bag. He would go through it in a month, and the other dog was on a different, off-the-shelf-food. After finally getting Miller allergy tested, it turned out that he is allergic to ingredients even in the limited ingredient food, so we changed him to Ideal Balance that we get from Pet Supplies Plus. Nice store, great range of selection on everything, and prices seem decent.

Ti28

Cupcake
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2013
Bartlett
Iams from day one.

No skin issues and plenty bulky.

Beautiful dog.

Johnny was about 55-60 pounds when we rescued him 3 months ago. He has 3 pins in his left rear. His leg was skinny as well.

His vet visit a few weeks ago, he came in at 67 pounds.

5965bd30fe5e860920ce462d8ce03b9b.jpg

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
My older dog (Miller) used to eat perscription limited ingredient food that was over $90 for a 27lb bag. He would go through it in a month, and the other dog was on a different, off-the-shelf-food. After finally getting Miller allergy tested, it turned out that he is allergic to ingredients even in the limited ingredient food, so we changed him to Ideal Balance that we get from Pet Supplies Plus. Nice store, great range of selection on everything, and prices seem decent.

How much was it to get the dog allergy tested? My big one started getting flaky skin and is itching spots more then usual.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Yep, tinfoil - thats why we went to better food too.

Start adding some vit E to their food, a little olive oil too. The other thing we did was start adding a raw egg to their food in the morning once in awhile. That'll help with the dry flaky skin. Vet apppointment to have tested for allergies was something like $100 by me.

Ti28

Cupcake
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2013
Bartlett

Start adding some vit E to their food, a little olive oil too. The other thing we did was start adding a raw egg to their food in the morning once in awhile. That'll help with the dry flaky skin. Vet apppointment to have tested for allergies was something like $100 by me.

We do a scrambled egg every Sunday morning on top of his dry food after his 2 mile walk.

Watch out for Salmonella with raw eggs. Get the pasteurized ones or pasteurize them yourself.

I'm going to go and say, won't happen. Lots of people feed raw diets and there's no worry of it. Gotta remember dogs stomach acid is 10 times stronger then ours. I know there's been cases of dogs getting sick from a brand food, but never from a raw.

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
How much was it to get the dog allergy tested? My big one started getting flaky skin and is itching spots more then usual.

I think it was like 300 bucks at Hanover Park. Well worth it. But now we know he's allergic to grass. Ugh and that's his favorite thing to roll in and he eats it like a cow

BrianG

Big Dick Team Octane
Oct 5, 2008
Streamwood
Real Name
Brian G
I believe it was <$200. I think they have several different groups that they can test for ranging from common to uncommon allergens in dogs, dietary, outdoor, etc. I think we got him tested for everything?

We used to try and hide fish oil gelcaps in his food, and eventually moved to breaking them open over the food, and then abandoned it completely. He gets itchy, but always had a great coat. Turned out one of the things he is allergic to was egg!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info