Garage Sale Ranting

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
I was at a friends garage sale and there was a bunch of books for sale for like $1 for everything.(Worth a lot more). This lady was like "Everything for $0.10". Lol
Really? Just pay the damn dollar cheap ass.

If it were me selling those books and somebody tried lowballing an already cheap price I would just tell them to get the hell out.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
A majority of the time, lowballers are resellers who give you next to nothing and then mark the item up for their own garage sales/craigslist ads. They spend their days cruising garage sales and are experts at lowballing amateurs. They usually show up early to grab the profitable items first and show up again later in the day make lowball offers for your remaining goods (or just take what you throw away after the garage sale). It's a business to them.

Miss Esa

Just 3 raccoons in a trench coat.
Feb 4, 2012
Wheaton, IL
Real Name
Theresa
I've noticed that. I have a couple of 'nice' items (Juicy jewelry, Coach cases, designer scarves/wallets, collectable Barbies) and I have them priced lower than E-Bay and CL, but people still give flat out ridiculous offers for them. Thankfully I am not in a rush to sell them.

SWORN

Addict
Apr 20, 2012
Chicago
Because I can't yell at the people buying my stuff:
Pick the damn clothing off the floor when you drop it for fucks sake! It was on a hanger when you picked it up!!!

If you want to ask about the car for sale in the drive way then get out of your car and ask one of us. Don't yell your questions through your window while holding up traffic. There is plenty of parking on both sides of the road.

As a generalization, people just flat out suck............

ajdereicup

Measly little 4.6 2v in a boat
Oct 30, 2012
Lombard
I might look like an ass right now but if I take the time to walk into a garage sale and risk loosing my manlyness by doing it I'm going to lowball you on something that I see that I may want. Because 1. I can be a cheap bastard. 2. Because I most likely don't REALLY REALLY want it its just one of those impulsive buys that I'm going to be regretting as soon as I leave with it and so I won't feel as bad about it when I donate it or destroy it in some way in less then a week because I didn't pay as much for it.

Now if a garage sale has something that really catches my eye to make me slam on the brakes and run out there to buy it I'll negotiate but not insane lowball.

Now for the women IDK. Unless they're not able to get into their mans wallet at the time so they just need to make the money they have on them last as long as possible?

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
He did. lol.

The self-satisfaction of spiting a ragged cunt-monster like those types is well worth making some kindling for the fire-pit. Especially if it involves the 14lb Sledge.

No, he didnt. He smashed up some worthless piece of shit that he was TRYING TO SELL. That buyer didn't give a flying fuck. He was losing money, not them.

ajdereicup

Oct 30, 2012
Lombard
No, he didnt. He smashed up some worthless piece of shit that he was TRYING TO SELL. That buyer didn't give a flying fuck. He was losing money, not them.

You must've never smashed something with a sledge hammer. Or blown shit up with fireworks. Or set junk on fire. Your missing out in life big time buddy. Take some crap toss it in the dumpster and jump in after it with the sledge hammer then start swinging away. Good excersize, therapy, enjoyment, and shitloads of fun.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
You must've never smashed something with a sledge hammer. Or blown shit up with fireworks. Or set junk on fire. Your missing out in life big time buddy. Take some crap toss it in the dumpster and jump in after it with the sledge hammer then start swinging away. Good excersize, therapy, enjoyment, and shitloads of fun.

Been there done that. If that was the plan shouldve just done it in the first place instead of trying to squeeze a buck. Annoying overpriced junk is just as annoying as lowballers.

ajdereicup

Oct 30, 2012
Lombard
Price it fairly. If they lowball then smash for fun to let them know you'd rather get the joy of destroying something then give it to them for their cheap ass price. Sounds like a damn good plan to me. If anyone needs someone to help them out smashing shit at their garage sales just lemme know. I'll do it for free.

Bub

Pitter Patter
TCG Premium
Sep 4, 2012
Spring Grove

Especially when someone thinks they succeeded in low balling and you crush their pride literally! After seeing said crushed item ill bet that bastard buyer questions his whole life decisions, Ha!

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Price it fairly. If they lowball then smash for fun to let them know you'd rather get the joy of destroying something then give it to them for their cheap ass price. Sounds like a damn good plan to me. If anyone needs someone to help them out smashing shit at their garage sales just lemme know. I'll do it for free.

If I saw someone do that I would literally go around and offer $0.10 for each item and watch them smash their entire sale then walk away without giving a single fuck.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info