Winter mods on my CB1000R

1MEANGT

Braaaaaaap!!!
Mar 18, 2004
Just finished some winter mods on my CB1000R. I mainly wanted to get rid of all the silver parts on the bike. The frame side pieces, rear sets, passenger pegs, ect...

Time to start tearing her down. In order to get the frame pieces off you have to pull the rear swing arm bolt. I suspended the rear of the bike from a ladder to do this.

103idtc.jpg

anjukj.jpg

Once I got the pieces off I wanted powder coated, I put the swing arm bolt back through so I could continue working on the bike. There were also a few parts that I painted.

I purchased an Ermax windscreen last year. I decided to paint the base to match the stock one. Also painted the head light cowl satin black and ditched the tank protector as I was never a fan.

2yknxtw.jpg

Continuing on I decided I needed to get rid of that huge ugly cat sitting under the bike. So ordered a Danmoto decat pipe and power commander V. Had to cut the baffle off of my IXIL exhaust but other then that it all bolted up perfectly.

Bye bye ugly.......

v6sw77.jpg

Pulled the tank to install the Power Commander. Was pretty tight getting the injector harness all plugged in but wasn't to bad.

ddpabd.jpg

Got it nicely mounted in the tail section.

33ndfzc.jpg

Parts are back from powder coat. Huge thanks to Paul [MENTION=12361]Wheel Guy[/MENTION] at Crown Customs. Great work and turn around time. They look awesome!

jpc7x5.jpg

Got everything back together and love the blacked out look.

10f7qxv.jpg

Finally my last project is to make her a little more comfortable. I wanted to put some gel in both seats as the GF rides with me sometimes and is not very comfortable either. Orderd some Propad gel inserts and decided I could tackle this on my own. Also picked up a pneumatic stapler to put the covers back on.

htxzlx.jpg

332q6ir.jpg

Luckily the day I finished the seats it got up to 40 degrees out. Might as well take her for a quick spin. This thing sounds angry with the decat and IXIL exhaust. Could not really test her out since the pavement was cold but the difference in power/throttle response is awesome with the Power Commander. Cannot wait till riding season gets here!

16k0uc9.jpg

11v5w8n.jpg

Last edited:

Thread Info