Grand National Project

CuzzinOlaf

TCG Elite Member
May 16, 2014
Spring Grove
I started picking up stuff for the car that were needed and would help get me into the mid 11's at the start of this year. First I converted the car to e85 with injectors and a fuel pump and took it to the track only to bust out a 12.02 @ 111 or so when I was hoping for a mid 11. I haven't race in forever but still was confident I could get at least an 11.8 with my Mickey's but had no luck.

Fast forward a few months and I then bought a 6266 turbo, a front mount, a wideband setup, and a power logger and tunable chip, some valve springs, and a few other little things. After a leak down test I realized the car has a tiny head gasket leak and now am doing heads, a roller cam, new motor mounts and some other maintenance things just because.

With everything I'm doing I am really hoping to get into the 10's at this point and don't see why it won't. It is a stock short block and people have taken them into the 9's with Turbo Regals so I'm not too worried. I really hope to get the car together to bring it to Union Grove before they close for the year. I think it's the end of October but am not sure. If it is too cold I'll wait until next year but I really want my 10 second slip before the winter.

CuzzinOlaf

TCG Elite Member
May 16, 2014
Spring Grove
At this point I just want to run the bitch at the track. I'm having a hard time finding a the heads I want and might be going aluminum at this point. I can't put it back together with stock heads and rip them off to do it again next year. Uggggh, I'm gonna have $5+ G's into this "project" before you know it and I wasn't even planning on it. Oh well, it'll save me money next year LOL. I want to keep it stock appearing and still run 10's so I think the next big money item will be a fancy new paint job.... ugggh!!!

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
to make ya feel better:

DSC00640.jpg

DSC00641.jpg

DSC00643.jpg

DSC00644.jpg

CuzzinOlaf

TCG Elite Member
May 16, 2014
Spring Grove
I'd definitely find a good cam before worrying all that much about the heads. bump the compression up if you are going to run E85 all the time, that'll always help you out.

I'm doing the cam as well. I was going to do this stuff next year but you know how one thing leads to another. Waiting on a lead on some heads right now and hopefully I'm back up and running in a few weeks.

Thread Info