Test and Tune today 5/6/2014

DynaSlim

TCG Elite Member
Aug 13, 2012
Plainfield
I would assume they haven't even drug the track yet this year. I don't recall them asking for used slicks on the facebook page yet. I was there a few years ago with a buddies 3rd gen TA and it had slicks/stock gears/ th700r4 and 3500 stall vert, He was spinning off the line some how and running 14's at like 112 mph.

I like 41 but the track conditions are really a thing you need to get a heads up from someone about before making the trip. Sometimes its great and others times you need to bring your own VHT and set up the line how you want.

Jack

Admin
Staff member
Admin
TCG Premium
Dec 31, 1969
I saw no signs of any VHT and honestly I doubt they even considered using it with only 3 cars showing up.

I couldn't launch the car no matter what I did, I spun. Best 60 foot was a 2.1, resulting in a 12.4@118. Worst run was a 12.7 with a 2.4 60 foot. I tried Launch Control once without doing any better.

DynaSlim

TCG Elite Member
Aug 13, 2012
Plainfield
I asked the NLR facebook page person and they said they drag and prep the surface every day they are open. They also said that you need to really be in the groove to get the best of it. But then again your setup is going to effect it alot as well.
I'm guessing you didn't have anyone line you up?

EDIT: They also said like 25-30 cars showed up after you left.

Jack

Admin
Staff member
Admin
TCG Premium
Dec 31, 1969
I asked the NLR facebook page person and they said they drag and prep the surface every day they are open. They also said that you need to really be in the groove to get the best of it. But then again your setup is going to effect it alot as well.
I'm guessing you didn't have anyone line you up?

EDIT: They also said like 25-30 cars showed up after you left.

I ran about 6 times, and spun every single time, no matter what I tried. I also spun 2nd gear more often than not.

I left a little after 6:30 and just as I left there was a slight drizzle and super windy.

Thread Info