Bright - Netflix original movie starring Will Smith

MrDragster1970

TCG Elite Member
Dec 18, 2011
RT 66 area
Will Smith's 'Bright' is terrible, but that doesn’t matter to Netflix

Devindra Hardawar 37 minutes ago

Reactions Sign in to like Reblog on Tumblr Share Tweet Email

By most accounts, Netflix's big-budget Will Smith blockbuster Bright is one of the worst movies of the year.
It has a 32% score on Rotten Tomatoes -- critics don't just dislike it; they've eviscerated it as an affront to cinema.
Yet despite that response, which is particularly disappointing for a film with a $90 million budget,
Netflix has reportedly greenlit a sequel with Will Smith attached. That doesn't make much sense at first,
especially since the company can't bank on big box office returns like other studios.
But for Netflix, it turns out hype matters more than quality.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Will Smith's 'Bright' is terrible, but that doesn’t matter to Netflix

Devindra Hardawar 37 minutes ago

Reactions Sign in to like Reblog on Tumblr Share Tweet Email

By most accounts, Netflix's big-budget Will Smith blockbuster Bright is one of the worst movies of the year.
It has a 32% score on Rotten Tomatoes -- critics don't just dislike it; they've eviscerated it as an affront to cinema.
Yet despite that response, which is particularly disappointing for a film with a $90 million budget,
Netflix has reportedly greenlit a sequel with Will Smith attached. That doesn't make much sense at first,
especially since the company can't bank on big box office returns like other studios.
But for Netflix, it turns out hype matters more than quality.

I guess I can agree with that. Because if they've got the hype, they've already got the subscriptions. And since its subscription based, it doesn't quite matter as much because shows like Stranger Things will carry the day.

Though if Netflix takes money away from Stranger Things to pay for movies like Bright, they will lose subscriptions.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I saw it last night.

The concept is interesting. What if Elves, Orcs, Fairies were real and survived into modern times.

Plot was OK, not great. It jumped around a lot and tried to cram a lot of sub plots into two hours.

Action was pretty good. Some new types of fight scenes.

Acting was hit or miss. I didn't feel any kind of emotion for the bad guys. They were just bad guys. Will Smith has done better acting in other movies. Similar to Suicide Squad and I'm not a big fan of this director. Let's get Tarentino to direct Bright 2 after he finishes Star Trek.

Special effects were decent. Could have been even better. You have magical items. Make the effects magical not just explosions. Lots of swirly colors would have helped.

Rating, maybe 3 stars out of 5. Watchable but not spectacular. Hopefully 2 will have more character development now that we have sat through the intro.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info