Pixar - Cars 3

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
That was unexpected, and I am now intrigued. The Rival, slash possible protagonist sounds like an electric car. Wonder if his name will be Elon or something like that.

After Cars 2, I didn't think they could tell anything more, #2 was lack-luster and I didn't much enjoy it. But #1 is still one of my favorite which I'll re-watch from time to time.

HeavyG

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 3, 2007
Fuk that! No Mater make movie no matter!

First one was awesome, loved watching it back to back....#2 in Europe was cool.

I really liked all the gear head terms and recommend these movies to everyone regardless of if your into animated movies

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Fuk that! No Mater make movie no matter!

First one was awesome, loved watching it back to back....#2 in Europe was cool.

I really liked all the gear head terms and recommend these movies to everyone regardless of if your into animated movies

'Mater is listed with Larry the Cable guy voicing him again.

In fact, quite a few from Cars 1 are back.

Code:
Armie Hammer	Armie Hammer	...	
Jackson Storm (voice)
Owen Wilson	Owen Wilson	...	
Lightning McQueen (voice)
Bonnie Hunt	Bonnie Hunt	...	
Sally Carrera (voice)
Tony Shalhoub	Tony Shalhoub	...	
Luigi (voice)
Cheech Marin	Cheech Marin	...	
Ramone (voice)
Larry the Cable Guy	Larry the Cable Guy	...	
Mater (voice)
Katherine Helmond	Katherine Helmond	...	
Lizzie (voice)
Paul Dooley	Paul Dooley	...	
Sarge (voice)
Cristela Alonzo	Cristela Alonzo	...	
Cruz Ramirez (voice)
Michael Wallis	Michael Wallis	...	
Sheriff (voice)
Lloyd Sherr	Lloyd Sherr	...	
Fillmore (voice)

Also, though uncredited. The voice over that says "Face it, you will never be the racer you once were." is credited as Doc Hudson to McQueen in some articles.

Paul Newman, the actor who voiced Hudson died in 2008, so if this is Hudson, I wonder who is voicing him. He didn't sound like Hudson. And I wonder if they are doing a Dumbledore like they did in Harry Potter. Richard Harris died in 2008, and then they cast Michael Gambon as Dumbledore in Harris' place.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Nice, at least they're back to some form of actual racing instead of being a secret agent...

The best thing about Cars 2 was weezer's versioj of the Cars "you might think"

Otherwise, I've watched Cars, 2,627,812 times, and Cars 2 1,312,411 times. I swear they were on repeat in our DVD player.

P40E

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2012
Despite signs of franchise fatigue, Pixar and Disney's Cars 3 dominated the road at the North American box office.

The threequel opened to an estimated $53.5 million from 4,256 theaters, enough to beat ruling champ Wonder Woman. Overseas, Cars 3 debuted to $21.3 million from its first handful of territories for a global start of $74.8 million.

Make no mistake, Wonder Woman continued to impress, falling a scant 30 percent in the U.S. to $40.8 million for a domestic total of $274.6 million. The Warner Bros. movie, directed by Patty Jenkins, enjoyed one of the best third weekends in history for a superhero film.

Cars 3 nabbed an A CinemaScore. That means all 18 Pixar films have received some variation of the top grade. It is also the 16th Pixar film to open at No. 1.

At the same time, Cars 3 came in 19 percent behind the $66.1 million debut ofCars 2 in 2011 on its way to earning $562.1 million worldwide. Cars, which hit theaters in 2006, opened to $60.1 million in its North American debut before topping out at $462.2 million worldwide .

The threequel follows the legendary Lightning McQueen (Owen Wilson) as he's pushed out of the sport he loves by a new generation of blazing-fast racers. He enlists the help of a young race technician (voice of Cristela Alonzo) to help him get back in the game.

So I guess they don't count Sunday as the weekend , which would give it a chance to take more money in on "opening weekend" ? :dunno:

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
So. I picked up the 4k version and it arrived tonight.

Sadly I don’t have a 4K tv. However I had forgotten just how gorgeous the animation is even on the 1080p Blu-ray.

As to the story itself i think waiting a few months has allowed me to appreciate it more. I was stuck with preconceptions about Cars 3. And because of that I couldn’t enjoy it as much as I should have.

Watching it again now after the hype is gone I enjoyed it more than the first time.

Cars 1 is still better but #3 isn’t very far behind at all. I’m glad it’s in my movie collection.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Animation is the same on all video qualities IMO

4k, 1080p, 720p....there's no difference on animations.

When I wrote that the animation was gorgeous, I wasn't talking about the motion, but rather the image quality. Cars 3 is excellent in terms of the quality of all the models as well as the lighting and reflections.

The detail of the reflections, textures, and other small stuff. Even though it wasn't rendered in full 4k, the HDR will make a huge difference in picture quality when I finally get a 4K TV.

If a movie has a 4K version available, I buy the 4K version, even though I don't have a 4K TV. Because one day I WILL have a 4k tv.

I just spent too much on this current TV and its got great quality for a 1080p set.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info