What is wrong with my laptop? [Bad Image]

BillyBru

FoodHead
Apr 29, 2008
I have Toshiba Satillite L505. I've had it since about 2008. This started happening about a month or so ago.

When I start up my computer a bunch of prompts come up like this.
20150315_184725_zpsbly3rniw.jpg

Then it will screen will start to tweak like this.
20150315_180609_zpsy3ggqdta.jpg

And like this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6KtfweVGus

Then the screen will go black and come back to normal. Then it will freeze and this screen will come up, then the computer will restart.
20150315_184356_zpsk3oaa2hy.jpg

What is happening here? What are my options?

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
That error is for the Google toolbar add in...

Start computer in safe mode (usually need to hold f8 durring boot)

search and open msconfig from the start menu search bar.

Then click on the startup programs tab in the msconfig window that pops up.

Uncheck the box next to everything that is not your anti-virus software.

Click apply at bottom of msconfig window.

Restart computer.

Do you get the same error?

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
I'm going with video card malfunction, which means it's taking a shit. A corrupt program that isn't required for windows to operate won't cause system errors or screen flickering like that. I had a problem like that on my old Toshiba many years ago, and the screen finally just went black. I just ended up selling the thing for parts.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
uninstall chrome. uninstall anything that says google toolbar or google desktop. Reboot. reinstall chrome only. see what happens

just because there is a blue screen does not mean you need to reinstall windows. You can also remove whats causing the conflict.

i would also blow out the fans and verify everything is working (can you hear and feel them blowing) Over heating of the cpu could cause the video distortion

BillyBru

FoodHead
Apr 29, 2008
So the 'bad image' problem was malware, ran a full scan, got rid of the bad stuff, and that no longer happens when opening a program. I also did a bit more research and found a Microsoft fix it program for the screen being messed up. The screen hasn't malfunctioned yet but we'll see.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info