HELP!!!! Need a Locking Lug Nut Key! ASAP

Rotzs99 said:
I'm trying to install my eiback pro kit today and i lost my locking lug nut key. If anyone has one i can borrow that would be amazing! If i can get it tonight that would be great since im going to WFC10 tomorrow.

Before anyone jumps to conclusions, id like to not ruin a socket by hammering it on the nut. Thanks.

Their are a lot of different keys even with the same lock MFG

I would not do a spring install the night before your are going some ware. You could brake something or have a problem and you wont be taking your mustang

jaykruger

Juiced, ported and blown
Mar 30, 2007
Rotzs99 said:
I'm trying to install my eiback pro kit today and i lost my locking lug nut key. If anyone has one i can borrow that would be amazing! If i can get it tonight that would be great since im going to WFC10 tomorrow.

Before anyone jumps to conclusions, id like to not ruin a socket by hammering it on the nut. Thanks.

They make cheap sockets for a reason, however I took mine off with a Snap-on impact socket and it worked like a charm!

If you really don't want to and they are the originals that came with the car the dealer can pull up the key from the VIN but it takes 8-10 days (hence using the socket on mine!)

WhtSuperStang

Jack Bauer > Chuck Norris
Jun 27, 2005
DSG03COBRA said:
I think most Ford Dealerships have a master key and can unlock it for you, but it'll cost you. When I stripped my key, they wanted to charge me for a "tire rotation" just to undo the locking nuts... :eek: I told them to screw off and called Macguard and ordered a new one for like $12.

most dont have it...when i called macguard then told me which dealers in the area that would have it...

When i had problems i went to larry roush ford and they always treated me fine there....never had to pay anything.. but unfortunately i dont think they are there any more

but if you know what particular part number (the key lock set comes with a small envelope that has ur key lock key code on it) call up macgaurd with that and ask them to rush ship it...should have it in a few days...

TSI_SVT

Get Blown!
Jul 9, 2006
Rotzs99 said:
Thanks for the concern. We ended up going from Chris' house in rosemont, to my house in mt. prospect, to Murrays in Mt. Prospect, to Sears auto at Golf Mill, to Golf Mill Ford, to Sears (the store) Golf Mill, to NTB near Golf Mill, to NAPA in who the hell knows (past Glenview), back to Rosemont. Finally we took my car to ford, they found a key, pulled em off and bought new standard lugs. Problem solved.
Problem solved after a tank of gas, lol. I'm glad you got it situated. Sorry I couldn't help.

qwik01cobra

built,novi2k,t56,solid
Nov 15, 2005
Rotzs99 said:
Thanks for the concern. We ended up going from Chris' house in rosemont, to my house in mt. prospect, to Murrays in Mt. Prospect, to Sears auto at Golf Mill, to Golf Mill Ford, to Sears (the store) Golf Mill, to NTB near Golf Mill, to NAPA in who the hell knows (past Glenview), back to Rosemont. Finally we took my car to ford, they found a key, pulled em off and bought new standard lugs. Problem solved.

Holy shit :eek: .... lol Now post some pics! :headbang:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info