Vehicle Lift

J

Jpatte

After helping out with Kevin changing out his trans, I'm looking to get a car lift for the garage. It would be nice to have the lift for the big jobs like changing out trans, but it also would be great for wheel rotations, cleaning and waxing the vehicles. But where do you get one for around 2 to 3 grand. I need one that will hold my truck that weights about # 8300 or more.

Any suggestions where to purchase one and what options should I get?

John

J

Jpatte

tinosc281 said:
Price: $2,649.00
Free Freight!

· 10,000 Pound Lifting Capacity
· Wide Or Narrow Configuration
· Exclusive "Tru-Metric" Arm Design Provides More Versatile Arm Positioning
· 30-Degree Rotated Single Piece Columns
· Single Point Safety Release
· Dual Hydraulic "Direct-Drive" Cylinders
· Electric/Hydraulic Power System
· Large, 17" X 17" A36 Steel Base Plate
· Self-Lubricating Dura-Glide Polyethylene Bearing System
· Safety Locks In Each Column Spaced Every 3-Inches
· Automatic Arm Restraints
· Heavy-Duty Dual 3/8" Equalizer Cables
· Padded Overhead Safety-Shutoff Bar
· Truck And Van Adapters Standard
· ETL Approved ( Pending )

Style: Asymmetric Clearfloor
Lifting Capacity: 10,000 Lbs. / 4536 Kg.
Max Lifting Height: 78" / 1981mm
Lifting Time: 45 Seconds
Overall Height: 145" / 3683mm
Overall Width: 145" / 3683mm
Width Between Posts: 114" / 2896mm
Drive Thru Clearance: 103" / 2616mm
Minimum Pad Height: 4" / 102mm
Motor (*): 220 VAC 60Hz. 1Ph

ILLINI-SVT

Member at Large
Mar 4, 2004
A lift would be incredible. John, remember for those 2-post lifts though, you need to have extra-thick garage floors. When I was looking into these when my dad was building his new house, some of the lightweight ones required 6 inches of a specific tensile grade of concrete extending so many feet from the mounting site, and some of the more heavy-duty ones required 8 inches of concrete. I think the standard pad pour thickness is 4 inches. Unless your garage was poured thicker, or you are willing to sawcut and jackhammer a couple of sections out to be repoured, you may be restricted to a 4-post.

Cheap prices there though! light-duty 2-posts (9K lbs) for $1800, 4-posts for $3500!

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
I keep looking around too.
I was going to get a two post, but I only have 10 foot ceilings and most require 12 feet, unless you want a crossover tube on the floor between the posts. I don't.
The alternative is a 4 post. It requires less height.
And will work with a standard thickness floor. I haven't drilled through mine to see just how thick the pour was for mine. On the plus side, it can be rolled around to repostion it.

One thing I did learn is that there are lower quality versions being sold, most of which are made in China. Be careful of those, even if the price is lower.

Let me know what you find, John.

Dan

Bob_Kurgan

Flyin_Hawaiin
Feb 16, 2005
Dana said:
I keep looking around too.
I was going to get a two post, but I only have 10 foot ceilings and most require 12 feet, unless you want a crossover tube on the floor between the posts. I don't.
The alternative is a 4 post. It requires less height.
And will work with a standard thickness floor. I haven't drilled through mine to see just how thick the pour was for mine. On the plus side, it can be rolled around to repostion it.

One thing I did learn is that there are lower quality versions being sold, most of which are made in China. Be careful of those, even if the price is lower.

Let me know what you find, John.

Dan

this is correct.. we have had this convo on the board in the past.. Eagle sells chinese made lifts.. I recommend looking for "gemini" 4 posts lifts... I have 9.5ft ceilings and have a gemini.. it ran about 4-500 more then a chinese lift, but i value my life and car..

good luck

ILLINI-SVT

Member at Large
Mar 4, 2004
this is correct.. we have had this convo on the board in the past.. Eagle sells chinese made lifts.. I recommend looking for "gemini" 4 posts lifts... I have 9.5ft ceilings and have a gemini.. it ran about 4-500 more then a chinese lift, but i value my life and car..

good luck

I thought most lifts had safety pegs you could slide in regardless, like super size versions of a jack stand. Then the only danger of a Chinese lift is having the motor go out after 3 months.

Bob_Kurgan

Flyin_Hawaiin
Feb 16, 2005
ILLINI-SVT said:
I thought most lifts had safety pegs you could slide in regardless, like super size versions of a jack stand. Then the only danger of a Chinese lift is having the motor go out after 3 months.

no, the danger of the chinese lift is poor quality steel (thinner to save money) and more importantly, the cables are not galvanized and are very low quality... so, in other words, you are putting your life in danger to save a few hundred bucks... I am just passing my $.02 and knowledge as I did extensive research before purchasing a lift.. there were a few stories online about lifts sagging and collapsing near the time i purchased mine...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info