uhhh yea, trans is fudged up

Ear Rak

Underemployed
Nov 11, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
so my 3rd gear synchros are gone. It grinds REAL bad when i shift in to third above 55 but not when driving normal. even if i try to ease it in, it grinds like no other. a friend suggested to adjust the synchro and i looked at him like "wtf" but he may be right. is there a way to do this? also, i'm pretty sure trans fluid would help right?

its a TR3650 with original clutch and 60k (clutch is perfect though, no slipping). its only 3rd gear.

any help is appreciated.

Ear Rak

Underemployed
Nov 11, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
svtcobra2k1 said:
trans fluid wont help man, your fucked, the t3650 is the worst trans ever. Mine whines like no other, its ridiculous and its not the TOB. I suggest just driving it till it drops then upgrading to a tko500 or tko600 or even a t56.

thats what i'm thinking, but then i looked at money and realise i had none right now :(

when the time comes though, the tk0-500 will go in

batman

Surrounded by 10 points
Feb 21, 2005
ummm ur trans will be fine...you still have 1,2,4and 5......you'll know when your trans is going....whinninn like a bitch 3rd and 5th ride on the same shaft....so i think u can keep drivin it...just get some new synchros i that bitch

Fast99Snake

track rat
Jun 26, 2005
if your still using the stock clutch quadrant(plastic POS) with the built in adjuster, you can adjust your clutch by putting your foot under the clutch pedal and lifting, it will come up just a little but u shud feel it. then depress the clutch all the way and let it back up slowly, repeat it necessary

i think according to ford your supposed to do it every 5k

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info