Started putting the blower on...some q's

cyac5l8trfcar

{'''}o_o{'''}
Sep 12, 2005
oh man, my belt is a huge pita! The connectors will need an adapter. I forgot where i got mine, check www.lethalperformance.com I think that's where I got 'em.

oh, and the easiest way to get the belt on is make sure it's on everything else but the water pump, then have a friend, or if your a hard ass, pull the tensioner to it's max and slip on the belt. Just make sure it's not too tight. some of the guys on here have vortechs so they should know more about 'em than I do.

mikev08826

Regular
Sep 3, 2006
The problem is when you mount the charger onto the block the place to stick the tension bar is covered by the charger...

I'm not sure they even make those adapters. I looked all over and couldn't find them. The only adapter I saw was from the Cobra to "regualr" adapter. I ended up buying boosted2v's 30#ers. One more thing to add to my for sale list...wtf

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
mikev08826 said:
I bought injectors off a 03 - 04 cobra ASSUMING they would fit. It looks like they have different electronic conector pieces as far as the male and female end.

Yes, the Cobra injectors have the EV6 electrical harness connectors. Most aftermarket injectors have the bigger/boxier EV1 harness connectors. I believe that the L's still use the EV1 style injectors if I am not mistaken.

mikev08826 said:
What is the best way to get the serpentine belt on...seems like a royal pita, not sure if i'm not doing something right though.

Just use a 1/2" breaker bar which will fit into the end of your tensioner. Then just get the belt all lined up closely and push the breaker bar and slip the belt over the tensioner idler pulley. Easy job.

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
mikev08826 said:
So...I'm gonna have someone hold the tensionner, mount the charger, then line the belt?

The charger and everything should all be mounted already but with the belt already pre-snaked where it will need to go. All you should have to do is push the breaker bar that is attached to the tensioner, slip the belt on and be done with it. That is how I did it with my 3 bolt tensioner vehicle. If you have the 1 bolt tensioner then there may be another variable I am not quite aware of, but it should still be pretty close to what I said.

As for lining the belt up, as long as it is a kit made for your car then take all prescribed measure annotated in the kits directions to ensure proper pulley alignment. For instance: Kenne Bell's require that you mount the front blower idler plate and bolt blower to that and tighten to ensure proper alignment before moving onto bolting the KB manifold to the heads. Centri's don't quite mate up to the front of the engine in the same fashion, but ya catch my drift. Good luck man. It will be fun.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• mikev08826
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list