I need the dry weight of an 87 iroc

Tranzlucent

Say When
Jun 7, 2004
I've scoured all the fbody boards, but the only thing I can find is 4215 with full tank of gas and 4 people in the damn thing. Also been told that GM put about 150lbs of sound deadening and insulation in these cars. Good friend of mine has one that is F'n suck yo face thru yo butt fast. But has no interior, full 10 pt cage I believe, 1 seat, sometimes 2, no radio, no heater, no ac, draglights, sbc, th350 I believe, built rear and told me it weight 3700lb + with him in it. I just find that hard to believe. It's winter bench racing, so no scales readily available. Any help?

Snowman

Large Member
Jul 20, 2005
Lots of places have commercial scales. Truckstops sand and gravel quarrys and farm service places all have accurate scales you can drive on. My old Iroc-Z weighed around 3430 at the truck scales compared to my 88 mustang lx at 3280 with full interior spare tire etc but nobody in it. I just happened to remember the numbers. Gas weighs 5.9lbs per gallon so the difference between a full and empty tank is like 90lbs. I can tell you the camaro was a whole lot easier to launch than the mustang in my opinion. The problem with the mustang was once you managed to break the tires lose it was all over. Same thing with handling the mustang would get away from you once you lost the rear tires. The camaro was a little more docile. JMHO.

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
There's no way gutted like you say and it's still 3700 with him in it.

I had an 88 & a 90 TA and I can't remember what they weighed, I'm sorry, but I know it was only about 400lbs more than a Vette. It was like 3750 tops.

I see now I should have read "SNOWMAN'S" post first but I just glanced.
3250 sounds light to me, but I really don't know....my references must be off.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info