Id throw this fucking powertuner out the fucking window...

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
if I wasnt already outside. It was perfectly fine for me when I bought it. Now it is slowly becoming unreliable. I cant even read DTCs without it going into some tangent and needs to be shut down. I need to trick the scanner in order for it to save all my info. I was reading heavily into modding my cruise timing for MPG, only to find out that I cannot see all of the paramiters. Must be a 97 thing. The only thing it is doing reliable for me as of late is partial flashing the car. Which is a good thing I guess. Too bad I cant flash the rest of the info I want to imput into the PCM. God I wish I had $200 just to be rid of it and get a HPTuner. Then Id have to do another steep learning curve for that thing.

/rant

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I originally had a HPT. It was an older box however so swapping info and adding my car would have been an extra $200. Which would have put the cost for a used HPT the same as a new one. Which is why I sold it for $300 and bought the PT for $300.

Two bad situations with two used tuners. I think I rest my case.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Im actually trying to get together with Nick to get his bricked PCM and head to Tommys to use his offboard setup.

I flashed the baby mama car 3 times today with no problem. I guess its alright in that aspect. I only break other peoples cars. :rofl:

Ive had some failed writes on my car, maybe 4 times and had one hell of a time recovering them. Every time I touch someone else's car I get so damn nervous about bricking their PCM.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info