Convertible tops HELP

Cobra_DJ99

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2004
ok today i was at the crown point square and i was dropping my top about to leave and go on a little drive and when i was dropping the top it kind of slammed down harder than usual and ended up breaking the glass on the top is the glass piece a seperate piece or is the top 1 whole piece including the glass? anyone know around how much this will cost me to get it fixed? and should my warranty cover this or is it my fault?

CobraSusie

Banned
Mar 1, 2004
Cobra_DJ99 said:
ok today i was at the crown point square and i was dropping my top about to leave and go on a little drive and when i was dropping the top it kind of slammed down harder than usual and ended up breaking the glass on the top is the glass piece a seperate piece or is the top 1 whole piece including the glass? anyone know around how much this will cost me to get it fixed? and should my warranty cover this or is it my fault?
I believe the glass unzips (not positive though) :dunno:

What type of warranty did they give you with the car ?
They may cover it (mine was just starting to go out)
on the 99 before I traded it in...
it was dropping hard, and sticking while putting the top up :(

Couldn't tell you how much the glass will run could be less being a smaller piece, could be more being convertible :dunno:

I have an account at Southlake Glass (if you need a discount) let me know
(if the warranty does not cover it)

CobraSusie

Banned
Mar 1, 2004
if you end up having to get a new top I would go with the
2004 canvas top :biggthump

(I really doubt it will require that)

A few other things to look into, it could be the hydraulics going for the roof,
I would have it checked out, (before) getting a new window, or get the new window and don't put the top down til the problem is solved.

Sucks to hear that happened man :(

02mingreyconv

Regular
Jan 31, 2005
frdtch05gt said:
If the top is slamming down that hard, chances are there's something wrong in the hydraulics that is causing it. Need to find the problem and fix it so that it won't happen again.

I agree that there has to be something wrong with the hydraulics if it is slamming down. And if there is something wrong with the hydraulics and you still have warranty on the car, then the warranty should cover not only the broken window but replacement hydraulics as well. Check with your warranty company.

Joe

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
02mingreyconv said:
I agree that there has to be something wrong with the hydraulics if it is slamming down. And if there is something wrong with the hydraulics and you still have warranty on the car, then the warranty should cover not only the broken window but replacement hydraulics as well. Check with your warranty company.

Joe

Agreed...

Dave

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info