Doty Road

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Whats the deal with this Doty Road? Ive heard about this place for years and years but never actually visited this location. I read about shootings and the place getting busted by cops quite a few times. Why do people still goto this place? From what I understand no "real" racing goes down anymore and its a real bad place to race. Anyway, can someone please share with me the exact location where this place is. Im not planning on going, I just want to see it on google maps or something. I know its off 94 on the southside. Nothing really secret about this place anymore, im sure cops patrol nightly and everyone knows about it except me.

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
I stopped going a couple years ago, since I just drink instead of race, but last time I've gone its always been the ricest of ricers, and only a few "hardcore" cars that get down. Cops usually swing by once or twice a night, they dont really do much but make their presence known and everyone scrams unless there is someone racing or acting like a tard. On a couple occasions to make a point they will shut down the road and find a reason to ticket everyone. Ive never been there when there were any shootings or fights, and I used to be up there pretty often 2-3 years ago.

IMO not really worth it to go there unless you live in the area.

TONZ goes there too on occasion IIRC, maybe he can add on.

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
get off of 94 at 103rd. From there you need to know how to find it, its down a(sort of) truck route by a junkyard. Went there until I was about 22 every so often. Mostly junk cars as saturday said. Cops break it up every couple hours and everyone goes right back about a half hour/45min later and starts all over again. No one ever really gets tickets or in trouble. You were just warned to leave.

Crime level was the same as anywhere you go on the southside, no where near as bad as it was at pulaski and 41st/42nd. It was people walking in front of cars that were racing that is the biggest issue. No room for error.

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
Is this road out by an industrial park or something? We have something similar that isn't blown the fuck up forum wide.

Basically yes. Its actually stony island, but everyone calls it Doty road since thats the road that runs alongside the highway.

dotyrd.jpg

between the red lines is where the getting down goes on.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Basically yes. Its actually stony island, but everyone calls it Doty road since thats the road that runs alongside the highway.

dotyrd.jpg

between the red lines is where the getting down goes on.

Thanks, that's what I was looking for. I thought it wasn't actually on doty because if it was right off the highway. I wondered how people could race for hours on end. Make sense now. Looks like a decent secluded spot to race if it wasn't so known. I only see one way in and one way out though. That could be good or bad.

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
I used to go there all the time like 10+ years ago. I was only there on the bike though. For the most part it was a pretty much standard spot, everybody was cool with everyone else...no problems. Although I was there once during a gang fight, and some dude was stabbed. It was mass chaos, and as I was on my bike ready to go...the idiot I was with was doing a donut smokeshow on his bike..ugh.

Only other bad night was when a friend blew his motor there. I had to ride this chick from there (she lost her ride), and was doing a 100 in the rain the whole way back. Picked up my truck and raced back to get my friend and his bike. Walked in the door at like 8am on a Tuesday. I should have left his ass there.

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Thanks, that's what I was looking for. I thought it wasn't actually on doty because if it was right off the highway. I wondered how people could race for hours on end. Make sense now. Looks like a decent secluded spot to race if it wasn't so known. I only see one way in and one way out though. That could be good or bad.

2 exits, keep going when you finish the race and make the first possible left and go till you hit the next main road or come back out the way you came.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
I was there a couple times 5 years ago... It was cool because it was my first taste of an actual "illegal" street racing scene but other than that it was pretty ghetto.

Racers flash their lights before racing to let the returning cars know to get off to the side of the road. One time someone didn't get over and hit another car then got pissed off and hit a couple other cars out of anger.

The time after that there was a burnt out car off to the side of the road just left there. Doesn't say much about safety. Other than that it was just a lot of shit talking and a lot of concerns for my own well being... That and constant trips to that blasted gas station when the cops would break it up.

ls6velless454

Regular
Jan 19, 2010
Apparently this is the spot everyone used to go to. My friends always used to go there, but I guess all the stupidity lead to someone dying one night, and that's just not my cup of tea. So...........yeah speaking of Doty there is another spot south of it called Rosebud as well I think off exit 130? It's called Rosebud because it's next to a old Grocery store called that went there a couple times too.

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
Welllllllllll.... I started going there when I was a teen about 13 years ago. Ive been there probably 40 or so times mostly when I was younger. Never with anything worth racing but just to hang and spectate. The area in general consists of a nearby police impound, police station, CTA facility, industrial type shit, and the express way. The roads in general are now pretty shitty. There used to be two areas on Doty that people would race (while ago) but now just one. The police come a few times a night and people just go hang at a nearby gas station off the eway to waste time or the Ford manufacturing area in which races go on also. (nothing secret about either of the locations) The one strip on doty is decent but once you get past the 1/4 mile there are a few pot holes. Its a 2 lane road, 1 way in each direction, so when races do happen there is no room for error mainly because all the cars lined up down the road. Ive never witnessed anything other than shit talking in all the times ive been there. I guess it was just luck..dunno. The areas surrounding are high crime areas but like I said ive personally never saw anything crazy worth mentioning. Last year i went out about 4-5 times (doty/ford) the whole summer and it was the usual. Lots of rice, a few mustangs, camaro's, evo's, srt4's, chargers, ta's...etc

All in all its not such a bad place to go once in a while if your somewhat local. If I wasnt only 10 minutes away I would def not go there. The area near the ford manufacturing facilities is a nice clean road but only 1/8 mile and the shut down is quite iffy. Ive talked to guys from cicero, northside, and the burbs hanging out there. If you are from the nice burbs you might be scared...lol ;)...but having grown up on the southside its nothing out of the norm for me. :s00ls:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info