Headers & exhaust

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
L67boostMonte said:
I added headers and 3 in exhaust but lost a 1/2 sec at the track! I am still running a 3.4 pulley would like to drop to the 3.2 which I have and find someone to tune it, any help?? 13.7...added full exhaust...14.1X all day :bash:

What kind of car do you have? Is it 3" piping all of the way back?? It sounds like you don't have enough back pressure because the 3" piping is just too free flowing for what you have done.

MIKES3

TCG Elite Member
May 25, 2007
Algonquin, Illinois
greasy said:
L67boostMonte said:
I added headers and 3 in exhaust but lost a 1/2 sec at the track! I am still running a 3.4 pulley would like to drop to the 3.2 which I have and find someone to tune it, any help?? 13.7...added full exhaust...14.1X all day :bash:

What kind of car do you have? Is it 3" piping all of the way back?? It sounds like you don't have enough back pressure because the 3" piping is just too free flowing for what you have done.

I have to come to an agreement as to what he said. Once you put Headers on a car witha 3.4 pulley and open your exhaust your are pushing more air out than in. You going to need to drop pulley sizes to get your gains off of the line. The headers are going to be worthy up top. As for the 3" exhaust. Got DAM!!! Thats to big in my opinion. 2.5" is the way to go. You dont even really need to do that type of exhaust wrk to get better gains out of our cars. The only thing that does is add more drone. I'm willing to bet you dropped about 2-3lbs in boost and thats why your seeing a loss.

As far as a tune goes all you need to do is add fuel and adjust the MAF a bit. Its not that big of a deal to tune a car that went from a 3.4 to a 3.2 pulley. Depending on your KR you may need to pull back a tad bit of timing, but thats also normal.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
well what do u have planned? i still think 3in is overkill on the prixs, unless ure going turbo. the 2.5 was more than enough for the whipple

hell, the difference between 3in and 2.5 on the srt is only noticeable after 400whp

you probably have some decent top end tho...more than likely losing some low end torque for now

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info