Burbs Subaru Machine Shop

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
Anyone know of a shop in the north, northwest, west, and near northwest side that has some familiarity with Subaru heads. Have a set of SOHC EJ25 heads that have been machined once for a HG job already, and want someone that knows their way around, so I stay in spec. Any help would be appreciated.
[MENTION=2449]ilikemtb999[/MENTION]

RedBeard

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 19, 2009
Windsor, CO
Thanks, sent them an email as well

They are likely the machine shop P&L would send it to anyways lol. They do a lot of the machine work and engine assembly for many of the import performance shops around here. It’s a 3 man operation though and the owner is an older guy, not sure how quickly they’ll respond.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Anyone know of a shop in the north, northwest, west, and near northwest side that has some familiarity with Subaru heads. Have a set of SOHC EJ25 heads that have been machined once for a HG job already, and want someone that knows their way around, so I stay in spec. Any help would be appreciated.

[MENTION=2449]ilikemtb999[/MENTION]

Do you just need them decked?

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Ahh, they're probably fine, they probably needed no more than .005-.006 originally, and might not even need that now. No need to wait or pay extra money for a "known" shop to deck the heads. Just take it somewhere that can knock it out in less than a few days and you'll be fine.

willyt

Nov 9, 2013
Ahh, they're probably fine, they probably needed no more than .005-.006 originally, and might not even need that now. No need to wait or pay extra money for a "known" shop to deck the heads. Just take it somewhere that can knock it out in less than a few days and you'll be fine.

Sort of. The driver side head has to have the cam pulley and rear timing cover removed to set up in most surfacing machines. So there's a little bit of dicking around with them.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
Any machine shop can do it, though why do you think they need it? EJ heads are so thick and so small I find it hard to believe they’d need any work unless they’ve been severely overheated.

Interesting...Nearly everywhere I've read says that the EJ's should be milled almost everytime they come off for blown head gaskets

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info