YouTube 17 Camaro ZL1 (non 1LE) VS 17 GT350R - Motor Trend Head 2 Head

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMNifBdm_o4

They did shoot this before the 1LE was out, which they awkwardly acknowledge in the vid :rofl: But man, in the twisties there's almost nothing between these cars. In fact in a real tight course I'd imagine the 350 would have a nice advantage. But once you hit a straight, that HP and TQ advantage of the ZL1 just decimates all. :rofl:

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMNifBdm_o4

They did shoot this before the 1LE was out, which they awkwardly acknowledge in the vid :rofl: But man, in the twisties there's almost nothing between these cars. In fact in a real tight course I'd imagine the 350 would have a nice advantage. But once you hit a straight, that HP and TQ advantage of the ZL1 just decimates all. :rofl:

Those Carbon Fiber rims do so much for the GT350R. They weigh nothing compared to the combo the ZL1 has.

Do the Shelby GT350R

Almost a full second difference from 50mph to 70mph in acceleration. So you can imagine what this does for suspension compliance and braking.

GT350R is a great car, all around. But those CF Wheels give it so much extra performance. Its like an extra 100hp.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
Interesting that the regular 2017 SS 1LE had the exact same lap time as the GT350R (see 18:50 into the video).

So makes one kind of step back off the ZL1 and think hmmm maybe the GT350R is THAT good?

Like the above comment the wheels alone have got to be a massive advantage that sort of levels the playing field vs a lighter more powerful ZL1.

now I cant help but wonder what the ZL1 or even the ZL1 1LE would be like with its own set of carbon wheels! :noes: :dunno:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info