who has used black magic insta cling window tint?

Bad00ss

Rockford's Slow Junk
Apr 15, 2006
So I lost my T-top shades for the Camaro and the sun is blinding thru my roof. My side windows are tinted pretty dark and the T tops look alot lighter and don't even match. I seen this stuff for $10-$15 a roll at walmart and auto parts stores. It apears to be put on dry and static clings somehow. this any good for a quick T-top job in my garage? any down sides? I don't feel like paying a professional when its just the damn T-tops. But also I don't want it falling down and hanging from my roof because the shit is junk.

rb03817-black-magic-insta-cling-5067492-window-tint-film-5-vlt-in-factory-package-2.jpg

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
It would be so easy to just get some tint from the same place and tint them properly yourself. I mean, you can take them off the damn car. It would probably take you 20min per top and you would have a permanent solution.

Bad00ss

Rockford's Slow Junk
Apr 15, 2006
That's what I'm saying. Its $13 for this tint at walmart and its $60-$70 for actual t-top shades. I'd rather have some light get thru anyway. tint is better.

The real question is do I buy normal tint at the auto parts store for $20 and attempt tinting for the first time or do I use this insta cling shit thats cheap and super easy they claim?

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
Yeah, I've used that junk on my garage windows...

So...the stuff is only clingy on one side right... So I put the clingy side on the inside of the window...Well I think it's meant for the outside of the window cause it's dark from the inside put you can see thur from the outside. I'm like WTF...I was so confused...I've never seen that before.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
That's what I'm saying. Its $13 for this tint at walmart and its $60-$70 for actual t-top shades. I'd rather have some light get thru anyway. tint is better.

The real question is do I buy normal tint at the auto parts store for $20 and attempt tinting for the first time or do I use this insta cling shit thats cheap and super easy they claim?

Try tinting yourself, it's really easy. Just watch a YT video or two. It will be especially easy for you to do it since you can take them off the car. I'd bet you got it on the first try.

Bad00ss

Rockford's Slow Junk
Apr 15, 2006
So I bought regular tint instead since everyone bitched about this stuff. Its not as easy as it looks. i got a wrinkle in both of them that wont come out. the edges wont stick to the black paint around the glass. its a mess. glad this is only T-tops. I will never attempt tinting again.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info