GT350 intake vs Cobra Jet intake

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Not to change the subject on you, but hows the build quality on your car? Body panel alignment and so on? Any weird paint issues in the trunk jambs or around sharp corners? I have been seriously considering the mustang again because of cheap mods and generally cheaper pricing than the Camaro and chally, and man I have seen 10+ cars with some sort of body panel or paint issue. Shit that the QC people must have seen and said fuck it, its already on the way out.

Pretty wild how badly they are coming out nowadays. I saw pics of a GT350 where the front door and the front quarter rubbed when the door was open to full lock. The paint was all chipped off.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
I honestly dont have a clue what everyone is bitching about. I have a 2016 and yes ive seen some of the QC issues on other vehicles but i have not a single thing to bitch about paint and fitment wise.

only i could gripe about is maybe the damn p zero tires them were garbage lol.

its on nokian snows now so i dont care and ill never go back to p zeros.

only other slight issue is maybe the drivers window but i think it was moved a tad when they tinted it and makes a bit of wind noise and i havnt brought it in to dealer. set cruise at 83mph every single day down the interstate :rofl: i live 10 miles out of town.

if you use the key fob right you can get the windows to drop a little while walking up to the vehicle so they dont grab when opening on the trim at the top. frameless windows so yeah they are supposed to drop when you grab the handle if you dont rip them open like a maniac. i leave them cracked a bit in my garage so they dont grab too.

its a damn mustang not a bentley. after 11k miles of smiles since may already i dont regret this car for a second. its loaded and been a blast to drive and its still bone stock even.

then again i came from a wbody trash can grand prix so this seems like a benz in quality :rofl:

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
x2 on the camaro prices too. i troll through the chevy lot once in a while too but do you see GM offering factory performance packs or anything like the dealer installed roush stage blower setups?

the ford aftermarket is gigantic and as much as i hated on this car when it came out the interior and actually driving one is what sold me. dont regret mine at all even the triple yellow has really grown on me. lots of people compliment on it and looks good imo cleaned and waxed up.

also of all the other mustangs running around here mine is the only triple yellow 5.0 ive seen.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Years ago Drew and I did something similar with an out of the box stock SCJ and cleaned up port SCJ. Because the SCJ is very rough where the different pieces of the intake are put together. There are steps in the ports. The injector bosses are also pretty bulky. So with some work on the intake it made more power. The cleaned up SCJ picked up almost 10tq & 10hp at the wheels across the board. The GT350 does not have the same production and fit issues the SCJ has. I doubt there is much to gain by cleaning it up.

The FRPP air inlet doesn't make as much power as other ones on the market either. So that 459 could be as high as 475-480hp. It is a stout piece for sure.

My car has no panel gap or other issues at all. I was picky when I picked up my 2015. @Thebeast thought I was crazy when I took delivery. :rofl: Maybe things got worse as the production went on? :whoknows:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info