So I got another ride....

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
But this one is cheap quality kid cruiser!

My middle daughter is getting her license in a couple months and this car fell into my lap for a STUPID low price I couldn't refuse!

02c2872c2e48cdb08daa1aebe16a495a.jpg

f93ea61c85a2a7eba6784dbc7dd44ab9.jpg

a749ad9fc5899eec7f1678fc128928d9.jpg

It's a 1997 Subaru Outback with the 2.2L, remote start, after marker stereo and best of all... Manual Windows and door locks!

It's super clean inside and only has 140k on the clock!

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
But this one is cheap quality kid cruiser!

My middle daughter is getting her license in a couple months and this car fell into my lap for a STUPID low price I couldn't refuse!

02c2872c2e48cdb08daa1aebe16a495a.jpg

f93ea61c85a2a7eba6784dbc7dd44ab9.jpg

a749ad9fc5899eec7f1678fc128928d9.jpg

It's a 1997 Subaru Outback with the 2.2L, remote start, after marker stereo and best of all... Manual Windows and door locks!

It's super clean inside and only has 140k on the clock!

Supposed to post these threads on Mondays!!!!

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Yeah, the little old retired guy that was driving it obviously took great care of it. It has newer tires, as well as the timing chain and full exhaust done 20k ago. It does need an oil change and a tank of gas... but really, that's about all it needs!

The Viper system for the remote start works great too! :rofl:

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
From what I hear those cars run forever. Sounds like a great first car for a kid.

Pardon my ignorance though, why are manual locks and Windows a good thing?

I love the fact that my kid will get a taste of the legacy of cars before she can work her way up to something nicer that she'll have to work for herself. I really try to teach my kids that the world is not a kind place that just gives you everything you need... but rather that you have to work for it and TAKE what you want. That and

:fth:

She wants to be a lawyer and has the smarts for it no doubt. But I think its great that she'll start with this car!

Donnie

Ethanol Junkie.
Jan 31, 2012
Uranus, Sol System
Yeah, the little old retired guy that was driving it obviously took great care of it. It has newer tires, as well as the timing chain and full exhaust done 20k ago. It does need an oil change and a tank of gas... but really, that's about all it needs!

The Viper system for the remote start works great too! :rofl:

Was about to rattle off a list of things to look out for, that are typically taken care of with the timing set. Good shit. Sparkplug well gaskets, VCs, Head Gaskets... Lotta potential shit with age. Take a look at the front CVs when you get the chance too. As far as catastrophic shit, you lucked out and missed the worst of the potentials, it being a 97 and not a 2.5.

(/used to wrench for scoob)

From what I hear those cars run forever.

Eh, they're pretty on par with most decent brands... Owners are just above-average in keeping with maintenance and loyalty, as compared to many other brands. I had customers get written up for six or seven grand worth of pressing work on rusty-assed 220k cars. Head gaskets, axles, Clutch, seals, and so on. Offered massive incentives to trade in on a newer-used or new scoob, turned us down and okayed the work. Holy fuck.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.